• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

Name not shown on uploaded map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
But the map HAS a title and it must be shown when i upload it or there is a problem with title extraction...
I tried re-uploading it 4 times and nothing happened but the map has a title in wc3, if you don't believe me i can print you a screenshot!

I uploaded the map again and there is still the problem... Maybe the title color is not recognized and all the map name is not shown.
http://www.wc3sear.ch/?p=Maps&ID=3600

I tried opening the wts file that contains all strings of the map and i don't know why the first rows contains that:

?STRING 1
{
|c0000c400JungleTroll Tribes|r v4.2
}

Instead my map contains that:

STRING 1
{
D&D 3.5 - Calim River (v0.39 Beta)
}

I don't know why there is the ? before the "STRING 1" but i think that should be the problem. I didnt make the "jungle troll tribes map" but i think that could be a problem caused by some strange editors (maybe french world editor???)

EDIT:
Ok the problem of the "?" added character was caused by Wc3Map Optimizer. I'll ask the guy that made this program to fix the problem but plz, change the code and get the map name even if the "STRING 1" has some character before it.

Level 12
that's a bug I never seen before, it should be something that happens only with your map for some odd reason, I will do some researches.

Don't expect Darky to fix it, he just disapeared, this site is under complete anarky! panic!

Bibendus said:
But the map HAS a title and it must be shown when i upload it or there is a problem with title extraction...
I tried re-uploading it 4 times and nothing happened but the map has a title in wc3, if you don't believe me i can print you a screenshot!

I uploaded the map again and there is still the problem... Maybe the title color is not recognized and all the map name is not shown.
http://www.wc3sear.ch/?p=Maps&ID=3600

I tried opening the wts file that contains all strings of the map and i don't know why the first rows contains that:

?STRING 1
{
|c0000c400JungleTroll Tribes|r v4.2
}

Instead my map contains that:

STRING 1
{
D&D 3.5 - Calim River (v0.39 Beta)
}

I don't know why there is the ? before the "STRING 1" but i think that should be the problem. I didnt make the "jungle troll tribes map" but i think that could be a problem caused by some strange editors (maybe french world editor???)

EDIT:
Ok the problem of the "?" added character was caused by Wc3Map Optimizer. I'll ask the guy that made this program to fix the problem but plz, change the code and get the map name even if the "STRING 1" has some character before it.

Level 7
Vexo the bug happens protecting any map. I tried on a modified plunder isle map:

Before protecting the .w3s was:
==============================================
STRING 0
{
Plunder Isle
}

STRING 1
{
1v1
}

STRING 2
{
The now frozen Plunder Isle is home to a variety of deadly denizens. A nearby marketplace could provide precious tools to aid your troops, but beware of the Magnataur's who claim it as their own.
}

After optimization:
?STRING 0
{
Plunder Isle
}
STRING 1
{
1v1
}
STRING 2
{
The now frozen Plunder Isle is home to a variety of deadly denizens. A nearby marketplace could provide precious tools to aid your troops, but beware of the Magnataur's who claim it as their own.
}

Just fix the "?" char, it maybe will fix it!

Status
Not open for further replies.