• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Naga Trident Attachment & Item Version

My laptop unfortunately crushed some time ago and i couldn't find the CDs of Warcraft III to install it on my PC, so i was doomed to stay inactive for a long time. I managed to copy the program from my laptops hard drive, which wasn't affected by the crush to the hard drive of my PC. Unfortunately, i can't play WC 3 or use the Warcraft 3 Editor, but luckily modelling and such works fine. :grin: While working on my Lizardman model I just had a flash of inspiration of what else i could make that doesn't exist yet at the Hive. I was just browsing through the Hive's attachment models and found soon out that there isn't a trident, so i just considered making one. I made the trident Naga style coz i thought it -first of all- mainly fits to Naga and secondly coz the Myrmidon had the best ingame texture for this. The blade is just a simple modification of the Myrmidon's weapon, the stave holding it is scratch made by me. :wink: It fits mainly to Naga creatures and demons, IMO.

*****IMPORTANT:*****
By downloading this ressource you receive 2 models: the actual model is the attachment version (for both hands, made to fit to villager sized units) and the portrait file. The portrait file (should be named ''NagaTridentItem_portrait'' or so) isn't a real portrait, it's just the item version for it.

Feel free to use both models in any imaginable way, including editing, if desired. No need to ask me for permission. Have fun with them! :wink:

Keywords:
trident, weapon, item, attachment, drop, naga weapon, demon weapon, spear, two hand weapon, Poseidon, Triton
Previews
Contents

Naga Trident (Icon)

Naga Trident Attachment (Model)

Naga Trident Item (Model)

Reviews
Misha 5th Oct 2013 Moderator's Review: pretty useful :)
Welcome Back Again Uncle ;) Nice Job 5/5
ty :ogre_hurrhurr:

Pros & Cons
+Useful
+Good looking
+Low\okay poly count
-Not unique
Suggestions
I would suggest to add something to make it more Diffrent maybe some effect or bubbles SFX.
Rating
4.5/5
Comment
Useful and Decent looking, good job.
ty :ogre_haosis: Wow! You rly leave a very fine feedback, even better than some moderations. :wink:

Pretty cool, & welcome back! :)
ty :ogre_hurrhurr:

awsome trident :), very usefull
thx :grin:

very very nice! 5/5
ty :ogre_haosis:

Donutz for you!
5/5 :D
GlazedPortlandDonuts.jpg
lol thx :ogre_hurrhurr:

It's quet too simple edit:(
Why that? :vw_wtf: What else could a simple trident have? This is just an ordinary weapon attachment, not an epic item. :wink: When making it, my aim was to make a lowpoly model of a usual trident that could be used from fishermen and common Naga units or demons. It's not supposed to be the drop of a big boss from a legendary dungeon..... :vw_unimpressed:

You don't need to use a texture with a trident on it to make a trident, just like you don't need a texture with a sword on it to make a sword.

Still, decent job, 3/5.

I would like to see one creatively wrapped from other textures and with a more interesting shape. You could actually make a really epic looking trident, but preferably with textures that are -not- made specifically for a trident, which gives you more freedom in how you wrap. Believe it or not, the best way to make something is to use textures that weren't made for what you're making, because that allows you to wrap them the way you want until it turns out exactly how you want it to look instead of trying to make it fit the texture.

You don't need to use a texture with a trident on it to make a trident, just like you don't need a texture with a sword on it to make a sword.

Still, decent job, 3/5.

I would like to see one creatively wrapped from other textures and with a more interesting shape. You could actually make a really epic looking trident, but preferably with textures that are -not- made specifically for a trident, which gives you more freedom in how you wrap. Believe it or not, the best way to make something is to use textures that weren't made for what you're making, because that allows you to wrap them the way you want until it turns out exactly how you want it to look instead of trying to make it fit the texture.
lol :ogre_hurrhurr: I know, this was one of my simple works :wink: I was thinking about making a more usually looking trident (i.e. wood stick and simple metal top) @ a later time. I know that with the textures, lately i started experimenting with scratch-modelling rather than merging modified meshes. :wink:

This looks nice!
5/5:goblin_good_job:
thx a lot :ogre_hurrhurr: