• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

N in WC3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
If you haven't played the N game before, you're missing out on the best platform game in existence. Check it out.

http://www.metanetsoftware.com/
http://www.nmaps.net/

Anyways, I want to recreate this game in WC3. I have a rough idea about how this would be done, just do it like that guy (was it Toadcop?) did with Soldiers, except with a ninja (I would probably use the Demon Hunter model) and no guns or enemy players.

This would be a single player game, unless I figured out a way to make it multiplayer like in N+ for the Xbox 360.

What I would need to figure out (or get someone to figure out for me ;P) are the acceleration systems, the walljumping systems, hell, the whole jumping system in general, an advanced object pathing system, and enemy systems. And more shit too, probably.

This is just an idea. If anyone wants to take it somewhere, go ahead.

Level 3
As for the jumping system, just edit the Blink ability to say Jump and the description. You should be fine after that for Jump...

There are probably some ninja models running around on this site you could use. I spent an hour and a half downloading models for my map. I have like 80, and I'm still not done. Possibly because of the maps complexity...

Anyway, acceleration? I have no idea. I haven't messed with the Editor in awhile, so I couldn't help you with that. After I get into it again, I'll try, though.

It sounds like a good game. Make it.

Level 4
well, if you put the camera from straight up looking down, you can make it "2D", seen it once in the map Platform Escape, that would make the jumping just moving like in normal wc3 :p.

Status
Not open for further replies.