• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mysterious Evasion on Unit upgrading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Greetings wise people of Hive!

I have a small (But still irritating) problem with Evasion on a unit. Im making a strategy game where units gain upgrades which also unlock spells (bascially how caster spell upgrades works but with normal units)

So I want one of my units to have 20% Evasion as an unlockable. No problem, I make the spell and it works just fine, enemies miss my unit. Now I make it so an upgrade has to be researched for evasion to unlock. It seems to ork just fine, the icon chanes from the disabled version to the lnlocked version of evasion............except my unit dosent evade at all.

Ive done the exact same process with spells ranging from Pulverize to Incinerate and it has worked perfectly every time. Why dosent my unit evasion spell work in the same way?

Help!

Level 3
I dont have any triggers of any kind for this. Its just an evasion spell that reuires 2 ranks of "Militia traning" to be activated (And the icon for evasion brightens up and he gets all the other effects of the upgrade too)

So you think I need to trigger evasion too? Why only that spell and not the tons of other normal spells ive done in this way. Why is evasion so special? I did Critical stike in the same way and it works perfectly.

Level 23
So you think I need to trigger evasion too?

No, you don't need to trigger evasion. If the upgrade really doesn't work on evasion, (I think it should but I don't know the case for you) try using a dummy spell for the UI (disabled evasion) then replace it with a working evasion (that doesn't need any upgrade requirements) through trigger once you've acquired the required upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.