• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

My world editor crash when i open the map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi guys, I had a problem my world editor crashed when I open my map
I was editing normally but after I saved it then I couldn't open it again for some reason I did try to open the other version of the map and it happened the same now I can't edit anymore and maybe have to start over again but It might happen again so is there anyone that has the same problem as mine please show me how to fix it

Level 29
First off all, are you using two versions of Warcraft 3 at the same time (both Reforged and Classic)? If so, it's obvious because you can't use both Reforged and Classic WE on the same computer. To be fair, this question was answered multiple times. Basically, you'll have to do a little registry trick to make both World Editors openable. See this thread for a detailed information.

Another possible reason is that Reforged has various features incompatible with older versions, so when you save a map in the Reforged WE it will add those features, making it unable to open in older WE. This thread might be helpful, but be sure to have an original files in case you made a mistakes.

Other than that, latest Reforged patches (1.33-1.35) are prone for constant WE crashes. Read this post here.

Status
Not open for further replies.