• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Import] My water elemental retextured model become a green box

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
so i was retexturing water elemental for my wc3 project when i tried to import it to my map it becomes a green box
so i tried changing the link to : units\human\WaterElemental\WaterElemental.mdx
but it still become a green box, what should i do?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
If you changed just the textures there should be no need to import a new model. In this case green box is symptomatic of a malformed/corrupt texture.

Otherwise if you are changing the model it sounds like you have malformed/corrupted the model file. Some third party model editors did not properly implement the mdl/mdx specification so can produce invalid models. Especially if features are used that are not common such as animated textures on the Water Elemental.

Level 3
If you changed just the textures there should be no need to import a new model. In this case green box is symptomatic of a malformed/corrupt texture.

Otherwise if you are changing the model it sounds like you have malformed/corrupted the model file. Some third party model editors did not properly implement the mdl/mdx specification so can produce invalid models. Especially if features are used that are not common such as animated textures on the Water Elemental.
so you mean i must not delete the "Lord000" - "Lord007" .blp ? or its okay to delete them then just import the edited Lord000.blp?

Status
Not open for further replies.