• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Imported File = Green Box?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
All newly loaded models uploaded into the WCIII "specific" game turns out as a green and black checkered box. It's no biggy unless you got the file paths wrong
If the file paths are correct, then the model will either show up ingame or show up in WE after restarting the program. not reinstalling

Level 4
I recently found some models such as the M1 Abrams by Illidan(Evil)X and a Zergling Model by Werewulf doesn't work even after restarting the World Editor. I have tried to open it with the Model Editor, I can clearly see the Zergling model, yet the M1 Abrams says, "Unable to load "textures\m1a2abrams.blp", files does not exist!" I know that if I don't keep certain files together it won't work, but all it came with was just 2 Files and a readme text. I got this directly from this site under the model download section.

Level 6
the file path for the texture of Illidan's M1 is is just
Textures\M1A2Abrams.blp
I think caps do count

When I download files from here, I put the model in it's own unzipped folder.. Thats how it works for me

Level 45
XenoSword]cn[;414403 said:
I recently found some models such as the M1 Abrams by Illidan(Evil)X and a Zergling Model by Werewulf doesn't work even after restarting the World Editor. I have tried to open it with the Model Editor, I can clearly see the Zergling model, yet the M1 Abrams says, "Unable to load "textures\m1a2abrams.blp", files does not exist!" I know that if I don't keep certain files together it won't work, but all it came with was just 2 Files and a readme text. I got this directly from this site under the model download section.

The models work, you need the paths right or they wont show up, if you add them with a missing texture they dont show up. The zergling works as i have a screenshot image in the preview.
As for magos, it automaticly tries to search for the models, since i dont use any directory eg:
I used:
zergling.blp
and the tank is like (example of course):
textures/tank.blp
That means magos will look for where your model is then the folder "tank" and look for "tank.blp" if its not there, it will come up with an error (which is VERY annoying).
The zergling has no directory, so it just looks for your model location and if there is zergling.blp in there.

As for the author of this thread, you have your texture paths wrong, and you dont "have" to restart WE, I dont restart WE after experimenting and testing my theory, and dont restart WE to test and moderate the models at hive, i just import and save then apply to in unit editor.

Level 10
Maybe you can save the files and the textures in the warcraft III folder where your game is so the editor finds them there and uses them. If you do so, you'll not need to restart the editor! At least this worked for me, I don't know if it really works!

Status
Not open for further replies.