• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My terrain album

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I want to improve my terraining skills, so i need some reviews, critics and tips for improvments.
Screenshot_2.png Screenshot_3.png Screenshot_6.png

Corrupted Forest
Screenshot_7.png Screenshot_9.png

Last edited:
First of all, Is this playable or non-playable?

I am impressed that you know how and where to use tiles properly (dirt > dirt grass > grass), other people often just put random tiles everywhere without considering proper tile transitions and call it 'a tile variety'. You also used the proper doodads in every scenes (underwater objects in the underwater scene, grassy Ashenvale scene, etc.), I also don't see unnecessary doodads so that's a good thing aswell, some of the mappers often disregard that. The only problem I see right now is the use of item chests, it doesn't feel right to be there although I understand why you put it there, better remove that. There more things to learn in terraining and you can put alot more into your scenes/terrains.

By the way, welcome to the Terrain Board!

Level 6
First of all, Is this playable or non-playable?

I am impressed that you know how and where to use tiles properly (dirt > dirt grass > grass), other people often just put random tiles everywhere without considering proper tile transitions and call it 'a tile variety'. You also used the proper doodads in every scenes (underwater objects in the underwater scene, grassy Ashenvale scene, etc.), I also don't see unnecessary doodads so that's a good thing aswell, some of the mappers often disregard that. The only problem I see right now is the use of item chests, it doesn't feel right to be there although I understand why you put it there, better remove that. There more things to learn in terraining and you can put alot more into your scenes/terrains.

By the way, welcome to the Terrain Board!
Thanks for reply, these are unplayable maps. I am about to start new project so i want to upgrade my skills on next level before starting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.