• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My TD Splits, Please Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello Hive Workshop! This post doubles as an introduction and a desperate request for assistance! I'm very glad to have found this site, as it is by far the most extensive and active WC3 Map Making forum I have found and it seems like a great resource!

Unfortunately I'm not quite as familiar with World Editor as most of you guys are, and I've run into a huge bump. In all reality, I ran into this bump almost 3 years ago and gave up on this map but I have recently gotten back into playing WC3 and would love to see this map FINALLY finished.

The problem is my map tends to drop a number of my teammates during the first round (usually around when the first units are killed) when I host this game online - I'm guessing this is a server split as they call it. I'm curious as to why. Sometimes it doesn't happen, but more than half the time it does and it ruins the game.

For a week now I have tried testing, editing, and retesting my old map vigorously - I really want to find out what is up with this map, and my hope is running thin (as is my patience.) Last option would be to redesign the entire map from bottom-up, but my greatest fear is that somehow this bug follows into that map due to a flaw in my algorithms or syntax.

If you could please take a look at the attached map in any places you think a n00b like me might miss that could cause player drops or server splits I would be eternally grateful!

I'm excited to join this community and hope/expect to learn much in the near future! Thanks guys!

Level 2
Bump. I really could use some help!!

If you guys don't have time to look through my map (I understand) could you at least give me a few pointers as to where you might look?

I read a short list on another forum that included adding effects with a trigger without removing them in the same trigger as being a cause for server drop. I had a trigger that did create effects but it was later removed while looking for the server-split culprit.

Other than that, I have no idea where to look or why it seems to always happen at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.