• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

my skin wont go on right!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
I made a little skin for a model i made, and when i opened the material navagator, i put it on the model, but its not lined up.

I am using GMax and i am making a coin from mario 64. The star shows up on the edge of the coin, not the front and back, heres a pic...

coin_help.jpg

if you know how to do this, please tell me.

Level 10
oz02 said:
http://momm.seiken.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=44 <-Read.

omg do you know how many times i have read that? that tutorial is very good, if it wasnt for that tutorial, i wouldnt know how to make a basic model like the 1 i did(even though it has a lot of polys)

it doesnt say a lot about getting a skin on. I need a full tutorial about making a skin, applying the skin to the model, and how to save that skin.

if you know of a tutorial like that, please give me a link.

Level 4
i want too add a liile thing. you can select the face where the star should be if it's an editable poly/mesh. Choose polygon then select where you want the star to be, then go to material editor then drag and drop on the red selected face.

Level 10
Mecheon said:
You haven't read it good enough then. After about 1 second of looking, I found a bit on UVunwrapping. Now read the UV unwrapping part and UVunwrap the thing

Yes, but it is not very detailed, it basicly only showed me how to add a night elf face to a square :roll:

thats not very helpfull, it did not tell me how to make the start move to another face, or move different prts of the skin to different area's of the model

Status
Not open for further replies.