• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My Second Terrain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I tried to replicate one of my favorite Islands from Magic the Gathering, a card game i play. I attached a pic of the card as well so you can judge how i did replicating it. c&c and general terraining tips welcome!
Island.JPG

IslandReplicate.jpg

Level 36
It lacks the atmosphere that the card picture has and the effect. The palms should be more bent, and they are out of proportion with the rest. In the real picture, to me it looks like the island is like 20 feet away from the first palm tree, so instead of just scaling stuff down, put it a bit further back too. Or maybe zoom out and make everything bigger.

Level 34
The palms need to be bent. The middle trees need to be the same color as the picture, and the rocks need work. Place more shrubs around them.

Make the island go farther into the distance. It ends too quick. Also add a white distance fog.

Status
Not open for further replies.