• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

----> My Map keeps Shutting down wc3 HELP <----

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Please help. I made a new map and i think it's awesome. But when i try and host it and the loading screen comes up, it kicks me and everyone else in the game out of wc3. Please help... heres the message.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Warcraft III: Windows - Application Error

the exception unknown software exception (0xc0000409) occurred in the application at location 0x6f30a9f8

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

I looked it up on google and yahoo and it gave me no results. PLEASE RESPOND !!! :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Level 3
Well, my main triggers are income triggers. i guess i can send the map via email, but i'd also like to figure out how to fix it myself. whats ur email

Level 3
after hours of searching, im pretty sure its a unit group leak. but i still need help, im checking this post like every other hour so... yea. help =)

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Do not double post (read rules).

The fact that it is on map load means its 80% chance its an invalid object editor field of gameplay constants field.

Group leaks never cause crashes, whoever gave you that idea must have crashed when reading about them as they are the same as any other leak (only worse due to them being usually much bigger).

To try and fix all I can recomend is checking that the object editor data makes sense and any obscure fields or ones you do not know what they do are left unchanged from default.

Level 3
hmm well, can i have you take a look at it. i made a copy. oh and as to what anarki said... it aparently wasn't a trigger problem. i deleted all triggers groups one by one until i was left with a floating text and a type in cheat - those of which i didnt bother to test.

If you'd be so kind to look at it I would very much appretiate it. If it gets fixed, i'd definitely give yo some rep. where can i send it to u?

Level 3
Try making a copy of your map, and deleting all the triggers.

If the copy runs, then you know it's a trigger issue.

did u TEST run the copy or did u just erase the triggers in the copy

and DONT DOUBLE POST.... against the rules >.>

Deleted member 139377

D

Deleted member 139377

You could run it through a leak checker ;_;...

Level 3
i used a leak checker and it didnt say i had any but idk what else my problem could be from.... my friend said reduce cliffs so i did, and my map still messes up.

last time i remember being able to >test< the map... i was testing 1 income building that i had just made. the trigger worked so i went on making 11 more income buildings... i made the 11 income buildings by changing the same EXACT feilds as my 1st income building (i copy pasted building, triggers and variables from my 1st income building)

If it worked for my 1st income building and not one (or more) of the 2-12th buildings, then whats up???

Level 9
answers and help of the ppls is over i think it's time to send the map to some one (not me i am noob) and he will fix your triggers and the whole map if you don't do this it's useles to play at tuch me here tuch me there for somthing that ppls can't see they can't help :grin::fp:

Level 3
I keep asking people to check it out but they won't! theyre either bad or they have a crashed computer (apparently). My friend thought it was cause i had too much higher in my terrain (origionally max 4 lvls up) so i made everything half the height it was before and it still crashes.

This is what he said he did:
---> he removed ALL triggers and the map crahed
---> he removed all (i think) custom units and the map crashed

If any1 would like to help me... its really appreciated

Level 3
i just found something though.
--->its not the triggers (i disabled them all and it still crashed)
--->its not the terrain (i cleared all heights and it still crashed)

>>>>>>>>>IT IS the income buildings. (i deleted them al one by one and tested it)<<<<

PROBLEM ---> at first i only had one income (civ_1) building and it worked fine. (i tested when i had that income builing and that one alone) now every single one of my income buildings don't work. <<<<<HOW did it work before and now it messed up all my income buildings>>>>>>

-=-=-=FYI i didnt change that building at all, it has been the same since i tested it the first time (when it worked) =-=-=-
-=-=-=FYI (again) I copied and pasted the 1st income building 11 times so i could have a total of 12 income buildings (each time i edited the buildings' hp and armor and stuff)

<><><><>QUESTION<><><><>
Does copying and pasting units mess up the buildings??? thats the only logical thing i can think of at this point.

If you'd still like to look at the map, check out the income buildings 1-12.
(I sent it to [email protected])
(and hvo-busterkomo... you wanna talk about bad names? mine's [email protected] ORIGONAL huh?) (made it when i was 12)

<<<no one is ... idk if 'cuss' words are ok... but no1 is gay and uses our emails on this do they? (if thats considered bad language, sorry i havent read rules completely yet) =P

Level 3
just a tiny post im sorry, i dont want ppl to go crazy over this if they help me.
AFTER A WEEK i figured it out!!!

THE PROBLEM Don't make long tooltips or it will apparently crash your game!!!

Such an easy thing yet it took me a week becuase it was so simple. SORRY FOR DOUBLE post. plz don't yell at me =(

Status
Not open for further replies.