• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

My map I am working on, any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I am from the old site, wc3sear.ch so I might be new, who knows, well anyway I am currently making a map called "Pass The Nuke" The object of the game is to pass the nuke to the other players until it blows up(its timed) its a 20 second countdown till BOOM! I got the trigger that shows you how much time you have left above you(I got it from the creator of "Pass the bomb") we are competing and see who has the best pass the bomb game. So far I got that trigger down and I made Hitler, he captured the players (marines) from the surface and brought them down to play his little game, the game has little mini games for the remaining players and the person who wins, in the end the last person standing on the 5th 4th round idk I will let the players vote. I also got marines for players.I started the trigger for Terrian changer for every round after a player dies, I got the bomb go boom Jass trigger down(thanks for the tutorial darkwulf, still need help with attacks and other stuff from your tutorials but this is the wrong time and wrong forum to say it in:p) pretty big boom, since its a nuke you have to get a few centimeters away or you get splash damage from the nuke and die(better blink away) and yes they do have the blinking ability and they have fast shoes that gets +1 speed every round. The map is 32 by 32 so I don't really need to put alot of terrain in there. (not that good with terrain) Oya I got the terrain changers from Jass(thanks again Darkwulf) here is the text for when the game loads:

"Welcome to my domain, I am Hitler, you think I died from old age??? Well your wrong, I secretly stole 10 Marines from there posts and brought them to my tiny "game" domain. They must pass nukes to eachother until one blows up, the last one standing gets to play alittle game with me:) I got 9 lives like a cat so everytime the marine wins, I loose a life. Welcome to "Pass The Nuke"

Pass the bomb as fast as you can by right clicking on them(note you must be close to them unless you are on super nuke mode)

Testers: [bla bla bla bla bla] (got none yet)
GL HF"

Thats pretty much it, but I do have the nuke idem model and a few skins I got from here, thank you and you guys will get credit(if I can get more room lol)

Any Suggestions? that will really help me.

Level 4
have you thought of a white fade filter when the bomb goes off? that would look awesome. what about some camera shaking too?

what about using actual nuclear powers in the world today. I dont knwo why so many people turn to using hitler and saddam... They didnt have nukes...

It would be cool if every nuclear power had a single ability, and you could choose the country you use at the beginning of the game...

im guessing your using the mortar bomb death animation as the explosion?? what about slowing it down, i tried it before out of curiosity and it looked so awesome.

Good Luck, if you need a beta tester, i wont be one. Sry lol.

Level 16
Try to get some structure to your post, 'map master'. Thats a big chunk of unorganized info you got there. You may use this topic as guideline in organizing your post.

Suggestions will come when I can understand what you said without re-reading the post 10 times.

Level 5
Ok for you Evil_Buddha, I change Hitler into Saddam, "Usa had rumors about Weapens of mass destruction in Iraq." "Yes there was and Area 51 send out 10 soldiers to investicate, they found them and had to play a survival game with Saddam and there fellow team mates." im not going use that for loading screen thread, but its a idea.

For you Vulcan, I am useing a red fade filter, I tested it out and it makes the Boom more bloody, I also tested yours and it was sweet, im going to see if I can combine them together to make it cool and bloody:p

For Mini-Me, Yeah that day I was just excited to be back, but this post should be more organize, sorry if I wasn't that organize.

Ok I changed some stuff for my map, for one thing everyone's ideas will be in my map if there organized and well put. So here are some more changes and ideas I put into my map.

-red and white fade filter for the nuke(Vulcan, note that I'm useing Jass for combining them)
-Saddam is the main baddy
-The marines are bio robots with human attitude(Area 51 creations)
-The map is tiny, 32 by 32
-The Terrian looks like a underground instalation(like a lab or a large test chamber for bombs and other wepeans)
-Pic for loading screen is a picture of a nuke)
-10 players 2 baddys

Im getting the "countdown till boom" trigger fixed alittle, the words come out very slowly and you die at 16 seconds with no boom:(

The scoreboard is alittle messed up right now, the variable went buggy when I got the pic for it from this site(Jedi! you know who you are!)

When the bomb blew it, it looked like the guys head turned to bloody mush from the red fade filter, and the white fade filter didnt help eather made him look like snow white with a tab of devilish white glow if you know what I mean :D

Thats all for now, keep your ideas comming people:)

Level 5
Ty all, Saskute, are you on Us West because my guy is on Us west or do I have to change to Us east for a bit..... Confusing o_O.

Vulcan, I will show a test soon I just want to fix some triggers up, first I will show some screenshots to you guys later I got a funeral to go to today......Grandpa steve........ well anyway thanks for the help all, more ideas will be helpful to:)

Edit: Btw should I use the Pic managment, or go to photobooth then copy and paste?
and anyway, I will need to email my map to one of you guys because I have a darn firewall I don't get and I can't find the manual, so I can't host:(

Level 4
dw about emailing ur map. Just go to epicwar.com... Uploading is free and all you have to do then is put the url on your first post.

Heres a trick too, right click the downloadable link and click open in new window. when the new window appears click the stop button. You can use that link direct!

Level 8
Do you realize that both of the 'characters' that you've chosen (Hitler and Saddam) are both very controversial, and both touch on very sensitive subjects? I assume not, since you decided to use them. Or you just don't give a shit about other people, which is fine.

Just go to epicwar.com... Uploading is free

Or... Maybe he could use the oh-so-secret upload function that's on this forum? It's right there when you make your post.

Level 5
Alright Changed a few things.......

-Since you guys are chastizing me about the name I put on the guy, I will change his name to riseandshine(my account name)

-I made a little tutorial for the begining, but not going to make it very detailed until the next few version.

-I AM NOT READY TO TEST IT YET, the explosion boots you from battlenet, note:do not combine filters lol. I will use something else for the explosion mabey.

I still have some confusion with putting pics up, Vulcans image thing didnt work, and this manage attachments is pretty slow, not much to show right now, when im pretty much done Ill put the map up.

Level 4
Instead of combining the filters, you could try having the white and red to filter in and out quickly and repeat a few times. That would make a good explosion effect.

As for the first post, maybe you could look at my example below. Just have a layout the make a horizontal line with the rest of the post:

Example:
PASS THE BOMB

"Welcome to my domain, I am Hitler, you think I died from old age??? Well your wrong, I secretly stole 10 Marines from there posts and brought them to my tiny "game" domain. They must pass nukes to eachother until one blows up, the last one standing gets to play alittle game with me:) I got 9 lives like a cat so everytime the marine wins, I loose a life. Welcome to "Pass The Nuke"
Here is the explaination of my map. This is where you put the features like the amazing red and white filter by the incrediable Vulcansurge!! :thumbs_up:

Put the link to your map here. Version 1.00