• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My map, and can i get some help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Well, i have 2 maps out at the moment.
Maze of super midgets - Ch33t4h
and
Pacman maze - level 1 - JollyOllyMan

Currently i am working on pacman maze - level 2
and
Maze for impatient runners.

Maze for impatient runners though i could use help with 2 certain things.

I know people have the trigger somewhere..
Those 2 things are:
  • Name Spoofer in Game (-name superman)(changes name to superman)
    Color Spoofer in game (-red)(changes ur unit's color to red)

Now i asked a friend with help for the commands but he kinda said he doesnt give it away (LimiteR is a old fart)
so ya. im asking the public. can u guys help.
thanks.
bye

Level 24
well i'm not entirely sure how to get rid of the "-name part" but there's an action to change a player's name. there's also one to change a player's colour. i'm pretty sure it's under the "player" trigger group. maybe under "game", but probably "player"

Level 2
Look harder next time

This is how you Set Name of players with the -name <name> command.
Code:
Set Name
    Events
        Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -name as A substring
        Player - Player 2 (Blue) types a chat message containing -name as A substring
        Player - Player 3 (Teal) types a chat message containing -name as A substring
        Player - Player 4 (Purple) types a chat message containing -name as A substring
    Conditions
    Actions
        Player - Set name of (Triggering player) to (Substring((Entered chat string), 7, (Length of (Entered chat string))))

And to change the color contains 2 triggers.. if you're keeping your code short and clean.

First you'll need to set a color array like this:

Code:
Set Color Array
    Events
        Map initialization
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set strColor[1] = red
        Set strColor[2] = blue
        Set strColor[3] = teal
        Set strColor[4] = purple
        Set strColor[5] = yellow
        Set strColor[6] = orange
        Set strColor[7] = green
        Set strColor[8] = pink
        Set strColor[9] = gray

And then a simple trigger like this will finish the job:

Code:
Set Color
    Events
        Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing - as A substring
        Player - Player 2 (Blue) types a chat message containing - as A substring
        Player - Player 3 (Teal) types a chat message containing - as A substring
        Player - Player 4 (Purple) types a chat message containing - as A substring
    Conditions
    Actions
        For each (Integer A) from 1 to 4, do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                    If - Conditions
                        (Substring((Entered chat string), 2, (Length of (Entered chat string)))) Equal to strColor[(Integer A)]
                    Then - Actions
                        Player - Change color of (Triggering player) to (Color of (Player((Integer A)))), Changing color of existing units
                    Else - Actions
                        Game - Display to (Player group((Triggering player))) the text: ((Substring((Entered chat string), 2, (Length of (Entered chat string)))) + is not a valid color.)

Keep in mind I only added in the first 4 players in the Set Color trigger. But at the same time, you can change it to compensate for more players by adding the events for each new player, as well as changing the 'For each' loop from 1-4, to 1-X, where X = Number of players.

Hope that helps.

Level 8
>Player - Change color of (Triggering player) to (Color of (Player((Integer A)))), Changing color of existing units
I guess (Color of (Player((Integer A)))) is his current color, meaning if blue changes color to red, and then orange changes color to blue, they will both be red.

__Edit__
JollyOllyMan are you sure this is what you want? Impersonating other players by changing your name and golor to theirs is fun, but after hearing themselves say something like "DISREGARD THAT ISUCK COCKS" players tend to call map and all players gay and leave.

Level 24
ingame name-changing is really annoying, since you can't tell the real sn of a person. that gets under my skin sometimes, and i'm sure it gets to a few other people too. also, changing colours AND names is just absurd, since if you're an ass you could go and get ppl to hate other ppl's guts and start attacking each other when they should be attacking someone else. changing colours on its own is fine, changing names on its own is okay, but both together is an unnecessary clan rivalry waiting to happen. i agree with low-life about
Impersonating other players by changing your name and golor to theirs is fun, but after hearing themselves say something like "DISREGARD THAT ISUCK COCKS" players tend to call map and all players gay and leave.

PS low-life: respect for each other doesn't have to go higher, but let's have some sort of makeshift truce outside of that other thread. there's enough off topic material there as it is, let's try to keep it to a minimum. after this :p

Level 24
war doesn't need to be declared to be there, but since our little feud was ended, it doesn't really matter.

Level 24
i highly reccomend that you don't use both of those triggers in the same map. maybe one in one map, and the other in another, but not both together. or maybe force colours upon players and don't allow them to change them. like i said, unnecessary clan rivalry waiting to happen.

Level 2
Actions
Set strColor[1] = red
Set strColor[2] = blue
Set strColor[3] = teal
Set strColor[4] = purple
Set strColor[5] = yellow
Set strColor[6] = orange
Set strColor[7] = green
Set strColor[8] = pink
Set strColor[9] = gray

for the color scheme...
Wat trigger is this.
Or are the strcolor's Variables.

Level 2
Sorry for the wait.

The array declaration is a Map Initialization trigger. It should look something like this:

Code:
    Events
        Map initialization
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set strColor[1] = red
        Set strColor[2] = blue
        Set strColor[3] = teal
        Set strColor[4] = purple
        Set strColor[5] = yellow
        Set strColor[6] = orange
        Set strColor[7] = green
        Set strColor[8] = pink
        Set strColor[9] = gray

And yes, strColor (str for String) is a variable. A nine value String Array.

Status
Not open for further replies.