• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Maze - Ice sliding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Ok, so I need simple explication that I could follow easily...

Do some of you ever played a maze with icy terrain. Well I'm trying to get this effect, but, I don't know how :(

I succesfully did the trigger for a simple linear ice (You slide on it in a line.) but I still don't know how to enable the unit to turn on it.

My trigger for the "linear slide" look like this:

Events:
.Time - Every 0.01 seconds of the game time
Conditions:
Actions:
.Unit Group -Pick every unit in runner and do (Actions)
..Loop - Actions
...If (All conditons are True) Then do (Then Actions) Else do (Else Actions)
....If - Conditions
.....(Terrain type at (Position of (Picked unit)) Equal to Icecrown Glacier - Dark Ice
....Then - Actions
.....Unit - Move (Picked unit) instantly to ((Position of (Picked unit)) offset by 5.00 towards (Facing of (Picked unit)) degrees)
....Else - Actions
.....Do nothing

Variable:
Runner
Runner represent the runner from the player who are in the maze, cause the other player create the maze and I don't want their unit from being affected by the terrain.

This is the trigger I used to pick the unit of the player from 1 to 10 if it can help...

Events:
.Time - Every 1.00 seconds of the game time
Conditions:
Actions:
.Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by Player 1(Red)) and do (Unit Group - Add (Picked unit) to runner)
.Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by Player 2(Blue)) and do (Unit Group - Add (Picked unit) to runner)
.Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by Player 3(Teal)) and do (Unit Group - Add (Picked unit) to runner)

... And so on to the player 10.

I'd like to have some help from you if you can. Cause I really need of makinf these units turn on the ice, like in Escape Maker or other maze made by full skilled maker.

I thx you for help.

Level 3
I see ur one of those "fame thiefs"... i bet your clon of "Escape maker" won't even be played, why can't you just give up and let the real creator of Escape Maker do the job? I've allready seen about 5-7 Escape maker clons... none of em can't even stand close to the real one... even those who have more functions...

oh well... i've been working on that problem for my maze :) not sure how do real makers do it but u can turn if after istant moving you put order to move to posint with offset 50 facing angle between points 1st: saved in variables position of triggering unit and saved in variables point of issued order...

and 2nd trigger saves position of triggering unit and target point of issued order when event order with point given... but problem is, if units turning speed is small... then while turning more then 90 degrees u lose small angle ... becose your position when u've turned will be different, but angle will be same as old... but i still need to save position of triggering unit in variable because if u set his currect position after u pass the point of issued order he will turn around it...

i am bored of making my map so i stopped working on it :) but u can still finish my trigger...

ooh and yeah... every 0.01 sec of the game is VERY evil... game will lag hard :) make it 0.05 sec

Level 7
I see ur one of those "fame thiefs"... i bet your clon of "Escape maker" won't even be played, why can't you just give up and let the real creator of Escape Maker do the job? I've allready seen about 5-7 Escape maker clons... none of em can't even stand close to the real one... even those who have more functions...

I'm sorry, but I'm making a test map. I just want to know how to do it cause I need this trigger for another map. The Maze Maker I am making won't be on the B.Net.

And I thx you for your help, I'll try to get the trigger in complete function. If it work, I'll tell you.

By the way, the guy who make the "Escape Maker" should really do a revive command cause the most of time, the runner suicide themself and the game is over...

Level 3
hehe ) sure he should :p but we cannot connect him, even thu i am sure he do knows about this trouble and will fix it as soon as he will be able to... and by the way, today i've checked this trigger of mine of Polar Escape, and i saw the same :) i lose some degrees means the trigger he uses is the same as mine!

[/img]

Status
Not open for further replies.