• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My Grand Work: Riddle of Steel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
My work is too large to upload directly...

After years of work I give to all of you ...

Riddle of Steel
A Map by Baelrog the Black

"In an ancient land of monsters and gods, one girl's quest will shape the destiny of the world in which she lives... Only by learning the secrets of steel and unlocking its mystery will allow her to truly understand what fate has in store for her. Discover the ancient land of Eos, and the creatures whom dwell within. Vengeance and a yearning to understand the truth will lead our heroine to face her greatest fears and only fate can say if she shall emerge victorious. May the gods favor you on your journey..."

It features full voice overs and only the best music =-D, so the file size is quite large.

I hope you enjoy! And I just wanted to say thanks to Henry and the other moderators and givers of resources for providing the tools to make great work.
There's far too many people to name, so see the credits!

Screenie01.jpg

DOWNLOAD LINK: Riddle of Steel - Final

Preview Here: Riddle of Steel

Last edited:
Level 2
> Joined: Dec 29, 2012
> Messages: 1

o.O bided your time did you? Full voice acting is a rare treat in the world of wc3 campaigns!

I'm a perfectionist I coulda put if out a long time ago, but i kept making changes, redid the terrain, added things to make it better and more dynamic.

Last edited:
Level 2
RPG type story, single player, based on one hero's journey, has different zones and character interactions, variable character paths, boss fights, puzzle solving, and a lot of fighting.
Screenie06.png
Screenie04.png
Screenie03.png
Its an

Level 2
Only one, that's unfortunate? I presumed it's a cinematic map since the screenshots were all showing cinematics.
I just used the cinematic camera to get some shots of the characters and terrain. you can't play big maps multiplayer anyways so that don't even matter! =-D

Level 14
I'm looking forward to checking this out when I get the chance. It's nice to see something new pop up out of the blue. I'll let you know what I think once I've had a chance to play a little bit.

Level 28
Started it, a few notes:

At the very beginning, the screen is in cutscene mode but stays black. At one point there was a "our allies need help" line.

Sound tends to skip a lot during cutscenes.

When the necromancer casts his spell, the music isn't synched with his sentences.

Some background would be nice. For example, why are the elves hostile?

The dwarf smith belongs to the humans.

Wolf runes need a lighter color, it's nearly unreadable as the text box isn't very light.

Voice acting isn't too bad.

Some items need a better explanation (for example, Shroud of the Sea should mention that it causes invulnerability.

Amulet of the Ancestors doesn't show a cooldown.

Enemies have way too many stun abilities.

Last edited:
Level 14
It took quite awhile to download this one, but once I tried to play it it kicked me right back out to the map selection screen. What patch does this map require?

Status
Not open for further replies.