• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My first skin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
i am posting my first skin/model! please comment on it please :)

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    96.4 KB · Views: 388
Level 6
Well the guy said that it was his first skin/model, cut him some slack.. I think that it's ok for a first time, but you do need more practice man, I don't know, if you skinned him wrong, or painted him wrong, but the textures are undefined on the arm, and his face looks a bit strange.. Also, I think he needs more details? Where will you put teamcolor (pressuming he is for wc3)? Though I realy like the hands ^^ If he looks good in wc3 (camera from a far), then it's ok.. :) Maybe you should post a pic of him while he's standing "far away" from the camera.. Or some animations? Or make another model, and post that :D

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

A skin is supposed to have some effort involved. A quick recolor can be done in seconds.

Someone should really start educating the new members, show them the difference between a texture and a recolor.

We already have that. The Anti-Noobism tutorial, for instance.

Level 51
If I recolored the Paladin icon, and said it was my first ever icon I made, what would you say, hm?

That's the point man.

There is no sence in flaming him, even if it is a simple recolour. Tell him friendly and nicely what he has done wrong, link him to tutorials etc.
Everybody needs to start somewhere, he just doesn't know it better....

Level 7
The best way to start working with textures is playing around with real pictures - if you're using photoshop, try using the brush and shape functions. Experiment. Study. Learn. Recoloring stuff is easy, but creating from nothing is the real deal; Shading, highlights, colors, shape - all those are aspects that a good model (textured) should have. Most of these you can easily add on a low-poly model with the work of a quality texture. I suggest you leave the models and textures for now, and start manipulating real pictures first. Then, coloring drawings. And finally, start doing from scratch (textures). You are bound to develop.

Level 22
That's the point man.

There is no sence in flaming him, even if it is a simple recolour. Tell him friendly and nicely what he has done wrong, link him to tutorials etc.
Everybody needs to start somewhere, he just doesn't know it better....

I agree 100%, don't be a bunch of ignorant cunts. Give him something to work off of instead of flaming him about how big a noob he is.

As funny as I've found the whole thing, I don't think it requires anymore theatrics from you goons.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Good job reviving a dead thread. :/

Only problem is, they have to look for that. A simpler way to get the info to them would be to shout it until they listen.
If you give people what they want all the time, they will never learn how to get it on their own. It doesn't take a genius to find the board that says 2D Art Tutorials and a tutorial within it called Anti-Noobism.

Anyway, I'm closing this to prevent any new flaming. /Troderator
Colourcloud, if you want to update this, let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.