• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My first skin...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Well,this is my very first skin,I know it looks bad,but...feedback plz
skinz.png

Level 18
Not terrible for a first, better than a half of the first skins I have seen.
But...
You need to work on shading and fleshing objects out to produce detail. Right now it kinda looks really blotchy. The face needs to be smoothed out a lot. try to make it look like paint that was applied to skin instead of white cotton balls glued together.

Hope that helps.

Level 23
So now I'll try to give you some feedback.

First to the choose of the troll as a basic: I'm not so sure about that, I started a Joker skin, too, but I used the villager, not only because I'm used to the villager but also, becuase his body just fits better and his hair and face lookes more like joker!
What I mean with I'm used to the villager: it's the feeling of how something wraps around the model and I think the well done clothes you did, unfortunatelly only look good 2d and don't wrap to good around the model!
There are two tipps, that I can give you for that: 1. Tipp: A link: http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=105365 this might help you, to get a feeling for the model and teh wrap!
2. Tipp: Just try ;-P:-D I'm not so sure, if it's just the model or just wrong or unexperienced skin! so just give it a try!

Other thing to mention is, that there's a huge contrast between the face and the body, the face looks more realistic, body mor cartoonish!

And I don't like the hair too much, maybe darken it a little!
BUT the idea is good, you did it a very creative way and it just looks promising so keep it up, I hope I could help you a little!

Level 3
Well,I think the trolls are pretty fit because of their pointy nose,laughing face,...but the villagers don't have those cool stuff(actually,they are pretty short and look bulky)
BTW,I used the "Dark Knight" style for the face,and the cartoon style for the rest so "the face looks more realistic, body mor cartoonish!".But I you want,I can try to fix the face.May be less black,more white like the one in my avatar.About the hair,the color is based on the color of the Joker's hair in the comic"the killing Joke".Anyway,I'll try to make it darker.
P/S:sorry for bad grammar,I learn English at school

Level 18
So now I'll try to give you some feedback.

First to the choose of the troll as a basic: I'm not so sure about that, I started a Joker skin, too, but I used the villager, not only because I'm used to the villager but also, becuase his body just fits better and his hair and face lookes more like joker!
What I mean with I'm used to the villager: it's the feeling of how something wraps around the model and I think the well done clothes you did, unfortunatelly only look good 2d and don't wrap to good around the model!
There are two tipps, that I can give you for that: 1. Tipp: A link: http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=105365 this might help you, to get a feeling for the model and teh wrap!
2. Tipp: Just try ;-P:-D I'm not so sure, if it's just the model or just wrong or unexperienced skin! so just give it a try!

Other thing to mention is, that there's a huge contrast between the face and the body, the face looks more realistic, body mor cartoonish!

And I don't like the hair too much, maybe darken it a little!
BUT the idea is good, you did it a very creative way and it just looks promising so keep it up, I hope I could help you a little!

i agree with you but, it really looks realistic, i dont see a flaw in it

Level 23
SO then open the troll file and take a closer look at it, it shows you the basic modell and there you can see, which point of the modell fits to which part of the skin.
THis shows you, where there are stretched parts in the texture and where not.
From this point you start your drawing. Always in mind, where the texture is streched and werenot
FOr example if you take a look at the chest of the troll, it's really strange there!
It's very hard to tell you more, if you don't ask specific question, this would help us, to help you!

Level 1
Yesterday, 05:29 PM
Registered User Sansui

Not terrible for a first, better than a half of the first skins I have seen.
But...
You need to work on shading and fleshing objects out to produce detail. Right now it kinda looks really blotchy. The face needs to be smoothed out a lot. try to make it look like paint that was applied to skin instead of white cotton balls glued together.

Hope that helps.

And to add, try using small brushes at very, very low opacity to blend.

Level 3
And to add, try using small brushes at very, very low opacity to blend.

I could make the face look "smoothy" like the rest(fit the cartoonist theme),but I want to make something different,making the face look "blotchy" gives us the feeling that he makes up his face,not permanent white.Okay,I'll fix it if you want.
BTW,I use small brushes,but I think I have blended it enough.

Level 1
I could make the face look "smoothy" like the rest(fit the cartoonist theme),but I want to make something different,making the face look "blotchy" gives us the feeling that he makes up his face,not permanent white.Okay,I'll fix it if you want.
BTW,I use small brushes,but I think I have blended it enough.

And this is why I stopped being nice to people about new skins.

Listen, it does not look good and the look you are going for failed miserably.
The blotchy look does not make it look like his face is painted. It looks like his face is made of balls. If you want a face painted effect you will NEED to skin the base flesh first and then texture over that with either a custom brush or a very low opacity tiny brush. You need to leave in-perfections in the face paint to give it that effect.

Also the body is not anything to be proud of the shading is completely wrong to be cartoony or realistic. it is also not smooth or properly blended. You need to step back and look at how light reacts to the materials you are creating.

Now stop acting like you actually know what you are doing and take advice from other people, it will help you better yourself.

Level 3
And this is why I stopped being nice to people about new skins.

Listen, it does not look good and the look you are going for failed miserably.
The blotchy look does not make it look like his face is painted. It looks like his face is made of balls. If you want a face painted effect you will NEED to skin the base flesh first and then texture over that with either a custom brush or a very low opacity tiny brush. You need to leave in-perfections in the face paint to give it that effect.

Also the body is not anything to be proud of the shading is completely wrong to be cartoony or realistic. it is also not smooth or properly blended. You need to step back and look at how light reacts to the materials you are creating.

Now stop acting like you actually know what you are doing and take advice from other people, it will help you better yourself.

Calm down,FP,until now I still take advice from other people as you said,okay okay,I admit my fault.But I still need your help,I don't even know "how light reacts to the materials I am creating".How about an advice and an example about the materials.About the face,I think I will make it completely in cartoony style,no more face painted effect.
BTW,be nice again :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.