• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Iron Raven

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
well this is my first skin that seemed worth keeping so comments and crit plz

Attachments

• ss0000.JPG
    ss0000.JPG
    167.7 KB · Views: 428
  • ss00001.JPG
    ss00001.JPG
    155.2 KB · Views: 314
Level 4
Could you post the uvw then? From what I can see you took those stuff from that skin, not just the bottom part of the leg.

Level 4
Yeah, looks like you stretched the wings a bit, and the legs are copied aside from that plate in the middle which looks out of place. And by checking the uvw, I also noticed you copied a small part of the ear too, small thing, but it´s still stolen.
The rest of the stuff are either free-handed or CnP from ingame stuff, which I don´t really care, but you should definitely take out those things you took from AR´s skin, that´s stealing, and is not tolerated here or anywhere.

I´m attaching the original skin for comparison.

EDIT: The cape has lots of junky sprites, I´m guessing you took that from a terrain tileset, right?

Attachments

• IronRaven by Anemic_Royalty.JPG
    IronRaven by Anemic_Royalty.JPG
    71.5 KB · Views: 174
Level 15
Well whatever you may think the wings are my own design. And the thing on the cape i did ages ago whilst i was messing around

Edit:All content that is not my own or the original skins has been removed.

Attachments

• ss0000.JPG
    ss0000.JPG
    42.4 KB · Views: 180
Last edited:
Level 4
Come on man! Admit you stole those wings from that skin, it´s really obvious. You just stretched it vertically and recolored. The shading matches perfectly with the one I posted.
It´s also completely out of style with the rest of the skin, you didn´t even bothered to shade that stripe thing you did above those wings, heck even most of the stuff you made lack shading. And the fact that you also stole the legs previously is really concluding.
Stop stealing, remove those wings and make your own.

Level 4
So what's the idea/theme of this skin? Besides you taking the wings..whatever. Just give credits next time and there won't be problems. I like the look of it so far

No, he shouldn´t take anything from anyone altogether, not even with credits. And if he actually wants to get somewhere in the skinning, he shouldn´t take any ingame stuff either. Glad you admitted you stole those stuff, never do that again.

Anyway, about the skin, you need to define a theme for this to get further, as suggested previously. From what I can see from the few stuff you made, you also have to practise with shading, since you tend to make everything with flat colors.

I recommend you check out this tutorial (it´s a video) made by TDR. It explains a way to blend colors with the brushes, you should learn this technique in the way and you´ll do fine.

Level 4
You have to set the model´s transparency to 1% with the triggers in the wc3 world editor for the alpha channels to work on that model

A.R.

Skin Reviewer
Level 25
I go on holidays for a month and look what happens >:|

The colours, composition and detail are messy and random and clash with each other...
Hell, if you're going to steal my work, you could at least make it look good.

Now DON'T do it again.

Well ive been trying to find a way to set the transparency but not suceeded so could someone show me plz (im not much good at triggering so a picture would be good)

You need to remove the Shadowmeld ability (or any ability that changes transparency) from the warden in order to make the 1% alpha trick work.

Level 4
Create a trigger that has the following:
Events: Map Initialization (dunno if this is necesary, just put it anyway)
Action: Animation - Change Unit Vertex Coloring and set the transparency to %1.00
and you should be done.

This skin is really far from being finished, dunno why you posted it in the resources :\

Level 15
@ NiRVaNa_87 ill try that trigger later and im not sure why i posted it either but anyway

@NhazUl ill try both suggestions

ty for the help both of you

it worked with the 1% trigger

+rep to NiRVaNa_87 for the trigger
+rep to A.R for the shadowmeld hint
+rep to fingolfin for telling me how alpha channels work

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.