• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My First Orge....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
This Is my First Ever Orge i call him Black Knight Orge

blackknightth7.png

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

What's to like about the left arm? It's just black, no shading or detail whatsoever.

Anyone could do this in MS Paint in 5 minutes.

I would give constructive criticism, but this leaves no room to start.

EDIT: Operator! You can't give a user negative reputation because you dislike the skin! What is your problem?

Level 19
EDIT: Operator! You can't give a user negative reputation because you dislike the skin! What is your problem?
He's right here =/. This is a place to learn, not to neg their work :(.
First of all mapper, what is your program to create 'skins'?
I could suggest this page for tutorials all arround photoshop/fireworks:
www.tutorialized.com

Last edited:
Level 2
Ok it's an ugly one, BUT i wanna see an ingame screen....
If u try to make his arm black, don't leave some pixels, with the original color....

Level 12
There is no need for everyone to repeatedly say that the skin sucks. Give constructive criticism next time or don't post at all.

So far all you have done is color his arm black and give some tattoos. You need to actually shade the black part. If it is metallic colors will reflect onto the black. If it isn't it will still be lighter in parts because of light bouncing off of it. If you need a tutorial on how to shade with the brush tool look at TDR's tutorial.

Try to completely change the skin, not just make his arm black. Give him armor, or even make him into something completely different. I do this by first making outlines of the new parts with a light, dark brush. Then I fill in blocks of color of what I am going to give him, then I shade that with a brush.

http://www.forums.hiveworkshop.com/showthread.php?t=30072

Level 8
ON TOPIC:
I would suggest these ones: http://www.forums.hiveworkshop.com/forumdisplay.php?f=281
And your skin looks like you made it with PAINT, what program do you use ...

OFF-TOPIC:
... and a bit OFF-Topic and I do not want to get reputate, so do not -rep/+rep me for writing this ... You know I help here and there, I join contest and similiar things, but I never got any rep, just +1 which was given to all challenger of the Fortress Challenge, and I see so often, Reputation for just a WIP or any "clever" sentence, no offence to anyone, so just wanted to let you know, I'm getting all the time 0. I hope it's change, with or without the new Reputation-System.

Chaos:infl_thumbs_up:

Em!

Em!

Level 25
That pretty much looks like a first try, there are tutorial all over just take a peep and see if you find one you wish to use don´t expect to be able to skin a decent skin in a few days though.
Well if you want to finish this one atleast to achieve the accomplishment of finishing the skin i suggest with whatever camel suggested and don´t just add a red dot on the eye it really just isn´t right, as with the blood on the club it looks like it was done with windows paint.The black arm is really just a black arm nothin special just a darkblack empty nothing on it arm.

Gl on improving and on ur future skins, cheers m8.

Level 36
Well, you tried. That's what counts. I can't say this is good, because it's not (it is in fact better then any of mine, since all I do is recolours) but is certainly not on par with any real skin that users can properly critque and comment. HOWEVER: IT IS A GOOD START. Don't let the others get you down. Nobody's first piece is good (it's usually never released) and you have to start somewhere, right? Just keep building on your skill, and keep practising. If you work at it, you will egt better with time. Read lots of tutorials, and make sure you do lots of art, because it will help you tremendously. GL with future attempts!

Status
Not open for further replies.