• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] My Dummy is not remove after timer experation

Level 2
Hi, guys. I'm trying to create a custom spell. I create dummy and set its Art - Model File: Abilities - True Shot Aura. It looks like this when I run my trigger
Earth.png

But I have a problem that my dummy unit is not be removed after timer expiration. That's why True Shot Aura still in there.
I try another trigger using another dummy unit with same stats, when I set timer expiration, it works.
This is my trigger:
1697286508816.png

Can anyone help me explain this ?
P/s: I don't use JASS and sorry for my bad English

Level 20
When a units health reaches under 0.405 it dies and the Event - A unit dies is triggered and they are considered Dead by any condition checks but there are some additional stages of death. These stages are death time and optionally decay. When all of these stages are completed the unit is removed from the game.

Art - Death Time (seconds): This field decides how long it takes for a unit to reach the stage of decay, it usually corresponds with the time it takes for the death animation to finish playing.

Combat - Death Type:
Can/Cant raise: Decides if a decaying unit can be targeted by abilities such as Raise Dead or Resurrection.
Does/Does not decay: Decides if the unit decays or not.

Dummy units should have Combat - Death Type set to Cant raise, Does not decay. If a death animation should play the Art - Death Time (seconds) can be set to how long the death animation lasts.

The reason one units model lingers while the other doesnt is probably not entirely true. Its just that one has a death animation and becomes invisible whilst the other doesnt and continues to show its normal animation. Different effects behave differently.

Last edited:
Level 20
Another thing. Integer A and B are global variables. Therefore its very bad to use waits within them. The reason its bad is because these global variables can be overwritten by another loop that is using those same variables. Whenever you need to use a wait within a loop make sure to use a unique user defined variable - For Each Integer Variable, Do Multiple Actions.

Level 20
Another thing. Creating a point at a polar offset has two points. One point is the point that is used to calculate the offset from. The other point is the point at the offset.
  • Set VariableSet UnitPoint = (Position of (Triggering unit))
  • Set VariableSet UnitPoint2 = (UnitPoint offset by 256.00 towards 0.00 degrees.)

Level 2
Should I set a Point Array to save position of the offset then remove location later ?

Level 20
Any point variable is fine, array or not. The requirement is that there is a reference to both points so that they can be removed later. It being an array or two separate variables is a subjective preference. The simple answer to your question is yes but to be 100% we understand each other correctly youd have to post the result.