• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

My Custom MM - The Island of Pains

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi all

This is my first map (a custom melee map because I like skirmish games) and I still have plenty of unfinished custom melee maps in my computer. I am just taking a rest before finishing them because I got tired of renaming the imported items.

In this map, there are new and modified spells such as the following:

Cripple (auto-cast)
anti-Magic Shield (auto-cast)
Dark Arts (No-Target) - Consume all buffs around the caster.
Spider Attack - adds poison damage and slows the target. when the target dies, 5 spiderlings will spawn from its corpse or when the caster dies, 5 spiderlings will spawn from its corpse.
Death and Decay (No Target) - summons 8 powerful red lightning to harm the enemies around the caster. Enemeis around the caster will have a temporary life and mana degeneration.
Troll Magic (Auto-Cast) - Heals primary target and friends nearby the target.
Reinforcement - Summons 3 Militias to protect the human base and workers.
Frost Arrow - Slows the target's movement speed and when the target's attack a unit, this unit will gain 5% of the attacker's current hit points.
Pillage - An aura that allows friends and your units to generate gold each time they attack enemies.
Strength of the Wild (auto-cast) - temporarily increases the target's attack speed, attack damage, armor, and regeneration.

and many more modified abilities and spells...

The Towers

The Towers in this map are limited. Undead can only build 14 Spirit Towers. Humans can build 5 Arcane towers. Nightelves can only build 5 ancient protectors. Orc can only build 8 watch towers.

My Future Plans

I'm planning to add custom heroes that can be hired in the tavern. But for now, I'm still thinking of original spells and abilities for these heroes.

Below is my map. Please report anything about obvious unbalance, crash, and lag. So far my map lags only if there are a lot of units during the game because my computer has only 512MB of RAM and 64MB Video card. Also, I welcome suggestions, reviews, or critics.

Attachments

• TheIslandofPains - Tartarus.w3x
    2.7 MB · Views: 50
Status
Not open for further replies.