• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tower wont attack ground,need help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Ok, I'm very good at triggers cause I know some programming. However, this doesn't meant that i understand all of the fields that you can set for the units in the editor.

I dont understand the field for the units in the unit editor "Targets Allowed" if i choose just "Ground" and then use the "Attack Ground" trigger to make the unit attack the ground, the unit won't attack the ground.

My Problem:
I need a custom tower unit that will only attack the ground, and does kills units that are in the are that the tower attack. Its for a maze; I'm having problems getting the tower to attack the ground and do damage to units in the area the tower attacked. Can someone help me.

Level 9
hehe, well, it doesn't work that way.
Ground, means ground UNITS.
to allow a unit to attack ground, give it the attack-type 'Siege'.
Then, you can order it to attack-ground somewhere with triggers, that way it will not target units, but only attack ground as you ordered.

Goodluck.

Status
Not open for further replies.