• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My Current Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
The few who remember me from this site know that I have a powerful creative complex, though I haven't mapped for awhile!

My current work is called Warhammer Wars X, and while it says "Warhammer", it's Warhammer 40,000. It's like a footman-wars-style map, only without spawns; the units one creates are based a) off of kills (standard bounty) and a ratio system I am still working on that gives whoever has the most kills the most money, and sequentially downward through the ranks to a minimum of a set number - that way, nobody can run out and complain.

The game is different from most because of this: as anyone who knows the Warhammer tabletop game is well aware of, unit options and upgrades are VERY numerous - and I intend to exploit them all. If you get some genestealers, you can upgrade them to have scuttling, then scything talons, too, if you wish. Tyranids are obviously the most complex and therfore I'm working on them first.

Another difference that I'm exploiting is the way that squads work - Dark Eldar are half-done. If you ask for a squad of Dark Eldar warriors, you're given the Squad's leader. From there, you can 'sell' units directly from him to add to the squad, be they ranged or close combat (I'm still working on devising a system to choose between one or the other).

The deal that I'm working with is the units. If someone would like to volunteer to do a race, it would be GREATLY appreciated. As I have said, the ones that have been worked on are Tyranids and Dark Eldar - the rest are free game.

However!

I have also done heroes - all of the Chaos Gods, Horus, Abbadon, etc.
And several of the main Space Marine Primarchs - Marneus, Rogal Dorn, etc.

The Space Marines and Chaos units can be done to any chapter you'd like. I'm including Blood Angels, Space Wolves, Ultramarines, and Imperial Fist. For Chaos: World Eaters, Iron Warriors, Death Guard, Thousand Sons, Emperor's Children and Sons of Horus.

Space Wolves, despite my claim that they're in, have not been started yet, nor have Fenrir Greyfang or Leman Russ heroes been started or completed.

Completed unit list as it stands:

Tyranids:
Hormagaunts
Termagants (with Devourer, Fleshborer, Spinefist options)
Gargoyles
Carnifexes
Raveners
Red Terror
Old One Eye
Hive Tyrant (many options, including winged, psyker and scythe)
Genestealers (many upgrades)
Biovores (in progress)
Lictors (In progress)
Zoanthrope

Dark Eldar
Mandrake
Warriors
Wyches
Ravagers
Talos
Reaver Jetbikes
Grotesques
Warp Beasts
Archon
Drachon
Asdrubael Vect

Other:
Standard space marines for 3 factions; land raider
Sanguinius
Tigerius
Lysander
Marneus Calgar
The Emperor

Obliterators
Standard CSMs for 6 factions
Bloodletters
Daemonettes
Rhino
Land Raider
Ahriman of the Thousand Sons
Abbadon
All four chaos gods

There are a grand total of 116 custom abilities, some unit-based, others hero-based. That's just to prove that this proejct is not taken lightly.

If you would like a part in it, please e-mail me or post it up!

Chaotica

Level 3
Also, Ralle.. alot of the units you selected for your are ideal for mine... and I don't want to cause any conflicts or rifts, and most CERTAINLY don't want to seem like I've stolen your ideas... we both needed the models that best represented our projects. Do you understand what I'm going at here?

Level 3
I'm attempting to use as few outer models as possible, but I am definitely planning on doing all races. I'm basically starting with simplistics of the races (ie mostly base units withot focusing too much as of yet on upgrades) and working from there. So hopefully I will have some Imperial Guard!

I likely won't do many Catachans, just because the field won't suit their main environment (forests), but because of their flamers, they'll be in; they, Kasrkin, Armageddon-patterned things, and, of course, Cadians.

Current business in the project - Necrons.
I have all Necrons done so far using a fully functional "We'll Be Back!" ability with a 50% chance of success through triggering, and using special attachments, all Necrons also possess that nifty Green glow, some in weapons, some in their chests. The Necron Lord actually appears as though he's carrying a Staff of Light, courtesy of Wcsear.ch.

Level 5
This map will be one hell of a problem to balance, I wish you the best of luck, you'll need it.
Otherwise, it sounds great! I'd offer to help with the Space Marines but I don't think I have the skills, but I can try to help with ideas :)

Level 3
ahhh, it's alright, Shados. Ideas are all I need. Ideas and a balancing act.

My plan is to look at the technical statistics of units using the Codexes and balance using their points cost, unit limits (Troop, HQ, Heavy Support, Elites, Fast Attack), and statistics. Units with a high toughness have more armor, units with a high strength deal more damage, more attacks / initiative = more speed... I figure I'll just formulate everything. But right now, it's allll about the models.

The Necrons don't really need much help.. they're looking really cool. I'll get some screenshots in here soon.

The Space Marines are more or less open territory.. if you want to build the units the only thing you need to know is that the standard marines are the Terran Marine model, and then they're custom race colour for their chapter (Player 1 Red is obviously Blood Angels, and Player 2 Blue is Ultramarines, etc.). If you want to take a stab at it, Pyrite, feel free! I'll just copy and paste the units into the Object Editor after!

PLLLEASE refrain, to some extent, from using custom models, though. That's my only request. I'm limiting myself to only a few custom models, because they make things so complicated.

I thank you, Pyrite, for the inspiring words regarding my chances of balancing this map. Real nice. lol :p

Status
Not open for further replies.