• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Music Contest. Would you attend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Hmm just a regular question...
Would you attend if there would come a second Music Contest?
I got the feeling everyone fell in love with Starcraft II stuff and it's really hard to make progress with any of the Wc3 Maps but music is something different right? Would you still attend to a music contest if there would be one?

EDIT: If I only knew how to make a poll...

Level 12
Yes. I've been wanting to compete in another music contest for a long time.

Hmm. Someone should make an idea-generation thread in the Contest Submission forum to get the ball rolling, eh?

Level 10
Hm, I'd of course like another contest, but I doubt that I find enough time to make something before July... so if you ask me, I'd prefer a contest between July and September. Then I have summer holidays (and I think some of you, too) and a much better chance to get something creative done. :wink:
At the moment, I'm just 100% busy with my studies...

Level 19
Hm, I'd of course like another contest, but I doubt that I find enough time to make something before July... so if you ask me, I'd prefer a contest between July and September. Then I have summer holidays (and I think some of you, too) and a much better chance to get something creative done. :wink:
At the moment, I'm just 100% busy with my studies...

I think we can better start a 3rd music contest somewere in September then. And meanwhile we do a 2nd one:)
If I only knew how to make a poll:S

Level 10
I think we can better start a 3rd music contest somewere in September then.

No problem for me. If you think there are enough possible contestants for 3 music contests in a year on this site, just do it. Although I'd think that two music contests each with about 10-15 participants is better than 3 contest with only 5 participants... just my thought. You should also keep in mind that with 19 official joiners last time we only had 8 final submissions to be judged. This could become even more extreme if you make more contests.
You should prevent people getting tired of these contests before they can become a standard event like Texturing Competitions (dammit, already the 17th!). :wink:

Level 19
Could someone, cough wherewolf?, take over this whole Music Contest 2 hosting stuff?
I just got accepted to one of hollands conservatories as a bassplayer and have some important gigs comming in the next few weeks whre I still have to study some shit hard stuff for.
I would love to attend an incomming music contest, but I wont be active on the forum anymore for a while so I would like to ask someone else to make a poll or whatever, kinda take over the 'leadership of this idea'.

Thanks in advance.
Teun

Level 19
Sure, I can host it.

Nice on getting accepted as a bass player, what sort of stuff will you be playing?

Also, have we all come to an agreement on whens the appropriate time to start the next contest?

Hmm fusion, jazz but also sort of pop/funk/rock.
I'm not really much into electronic music or metal like most thw people:D
just www.youtube.com/teuncreemers and you'll see some stuff:D

Level 2
LoLz, where do i sigh up?! Genre spesific?

I produce: trance, hardstyle, hardtrance, deephouse, electro, breakz, etc

Level 15
It might be a short while before we have another music contest here, and the musical styles are generally ones related to Warcraft or other Blizzard games.

We'll see how things go. Maybe a new contest will come out soon. :smile:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/contest-submission-233/music-contest-2-fusion-173710/

I submitted a contest yesterday - so far it garnered no attention yet
And I want to try and get away from just wc3/sc2 themed entries, I just want to give everyone the freedom to enter whatever sort of music they want as the whole "this isn't orchestra waaah waaah I don't like this stuff" thing that kept coming up in the last contest was a huge pain in the ass - along with the fact that a consensus among everybody was never achieved as no one paid much attention to the threads trying to decide that was why I went with the theme of fusing together 2 genres.

Things to notice, thus preventing future complaints over it
-No this doesn't mean you can't do orchestral music - orchestra music isn't all just classified as classical music.
-No this does not mean you can simply blend 2 sub genres of the same genre, like trance and house electronica
-No "synth" is not a genre - synths are a form of instrument/virtual instrument used in music, shoving a synth in a song doesn't inherently make it a fusion

Status
Not open for further replies.