• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Murder City v1.04

hivemurdercity.jpg

Murder City, my 2nd uploaded project.
It's an "action" map.

------------------------------------------------------

Murder City :

hiveminimap.jpg

One city. Many murderers. Just one will stay...

Two games mode :

- Classic Mode (+3 players recommended)
Free For All phase alternates with Events.

- Only FFA Mode (+2 players recommended)
Just FFA !

How to win ? :

Be the first to reach the Limit points or get the highest score in the time limit !

- Point system :
1 kill > +1 point
2-4 kills without dying > +2 points
5 kills without dying > +5 points (Event)
6...++ kills without dying > +2 points
You can get more points with events.

Gameplay :

Find and kill other assassins, but they look like villagers !
hivescreenfontaine.jpg

You can be a kid, a man or a woman.
However, you can see the position of the assassins on the minimap (ping).
Each assassin have 1 HP.
When you die, you spawn with a random class of assassin to a random location.

But be carefull, there are guards!
hivescreenguard.jpg

If you kill someone or you cast a spell next to a guard, he kills you and you loose 1 point !

5 Class :

You can play with 5 class with a completely different gameplay.
classesmurder.jpg

-The Wizard : He uses spells to kill, teleportation to escape !
-The Puppet Master : He destabilizes with his puppets to kill better.
-The Fast Assassin : He uses his movement speed to kill his enemies.
-The Ghost : He hides himself to kill his enemies.
-The Spy : She can change his appearance to approach the enemies and put on the ground trap items.

Events :

There are 5 events. 1 periodic events and 4 events wich depend of the players kills.

The periodic events

Alone against all
Event duration : 3 min
A random player become a guard with powerfull abilities.
Guard capacities : 1 HP, No melee attack, 4 spells
Guard goal : kill assassins (+2 points per kill)
Assassins goal : kill the Guard (+3 points)
If an assassin kill the Guard, he becomes the new Guard !
The ping of the guard is red.

Other events

3 murders without dying : Triple Kill
The player get a random spell between the Net, the Protection and the Minor Paint Ball Turret.

5 murders without dying : Carnage
All players must kill the Carnage player. Just the Carnage player ping on the minimap.
+5 points for the Carnage player.
+5 points for the killer of the Carnage player.
The ping of the Carnage player is red.

Each 7 party kill : Panic !
All assassins and villagers run very fastly for 50 sec.

Each 10 party kill : Paint Ball Party !
The guards have a Paint ball gun for 50 sec !

Screenshots :

1 - A guard uses the Paint Ball Turret during an Event :
hivescreenturret.jpg

Envisaged updates :

-More events
-More classes
-and more more...

Thanks to :

Kjatta and Gaswigue the Beta Testers

And the author of icons :
- Infinitynexus
- The_Silent
- CRAZYRUSSIAN
- DevineArmy
- Domokun
- Riley
- SantoRayo[iP]

-- v1.04 --
- new class : spy
- new events : Panic ! and Paint ball party !
- new day event : During the night, the visibility is down
- add a item system
- the ping is now each 5 sec
- better balancing of classes
- during the event Alone against all, when someone becomes the guard, he is invulerable for 2 sec.

-- v1.03 --
Map up to 8 players
If your hero don't spawn, i create a new debug command : -spawn

-- v1.02 --
Some patrolling guards added

-- v1.01 --
The bug when you get a barrel with a guard is fixed

:fp: Please comment my map and tell me if you see a bug ! :wink:

:fp: My other Maps

Keywords:
murder murderer kill hero arena action city swytch villager guard event minigame
Contents

Murder City v1.04 (Map)

Reviews
20:29, 4th Mar 2010 ap0calypse: Approved
Level 9
OMFG I LOVE THIS MAP

This is very FUN !
I enjoyed the concept when i saw ur description and it was one of the coolest map I played !
It only lacks features, like more classes, more events (more mini spells) etc... you could make two type of guards etc... guards could be killable but would give 0 pts or negative pts...

Hope you'll update this !

EDIT : bug = i had barrel spell with the guard one time and forever

Level 7
Very fun game i think you should make it more players though like 8-10 i think 12 might be to many but yeah i give this 4/5 very fun to play and those moments were you know the other assasin is someone next toyou and you frantically try to find him b4 he finds you are GREAT.

Level 18
Ok, I`ll post full review of the map

The goal of the map is to kill other assasin. It`s great idea. I`ve been playing it for long time, and many times and it`s still great. It can never become boring. And another thing is that I`ve never seen map like this before. Always you had to kill all people. Now you are killing them, but you must watch out to don`t let others to kill you.

The terrain really fits the theme. It`s nothing really special, but it`s good enough. And the crowded street makes the game harder, what is additional plus for the map. Doodad/units were used well.

The gameplay is brilliant. Like for now there is only one special event, but I`m hoping for more. The are many obstacles, which make game harder (like guards or crowd of people). That also makes the mini-game take more time. You are going through the city checking every person which walks close to you if it`s an enemy. There are also some skills, which are very helpful, but you must use them very wisely. There are 4 ways, which is your assasin specialized in. It`s making the game less boring, cause you don`t do the same thing all the time.

Maybe it`s not hard to make map like this, but it`s very well done. So far I couldn`t bug it ;], and I didn`t find any, which will crush the game or negative effect gameplay. Very good job at this one. But 4/5 because it`s simple. Anyway Good Job at this!

There are some things, which are very well done. Which improve the map. I don`t think it can be better in other way than adding more events. The number of players fits the map exactly. So let`s say
+2 point for description at Hive (it`s very good)
+1 point for making the map more advanced, which is simple for the first look

So let`s count:
6 + 4 + 4 + 4 + 3 = 21/25 = 84% = 4/5 and Approval.

Overall it`s great done and really fun map, which can be played for hrs.

I don`t think there can be many changes done. Maybe add more events, add new class for assasin (I think you could make Spy (some skills like he can change into guard for some time and other skills like that)). I have no idea what else can be improved

Level 3
Thanks for the reviews, but tomorow I'll go on vacation for 10 days. I'm working hard to return ! (more events, classes...)

I'm just sad when people discovered the map on Battle.net, they don't understand the goal and they want to attack the guards...

Level 3
Well the Map was great, and still, I have a little problem with the perma Ping. I think people should have a 20-30 second cooldown ability who does this ping. Because then, there will be much more thrill and suprises. Just my opinion.

Anyways, this should be 6/5

Level 2
sometime you won't respawn... simply no more game for you, only happend in 1.03. (maybe it has to do with the 2 more players ?)

Level 3
@ChaosBlade_DC : I hadn't thought of. It's a good idea but I have talked with other people and there are those who don't like this. I think at the begining of the game, I will make a choice between a permanent ping and a spell ping.

sometime you won't respawn... simply no more game for you, only happend in 1.03. (maybe it has to do with the 2 more players ?)

I don't know why there is this bug...
However, I upload a new 1.03 map and you can type -spawn when you havn't a spawn ;)
And if you don't know this command, there is a tip that tells you to type this command.

Last edited:
Level 9
A yes nice idea Rainbow evil, i wanted to suggest something about day and night differences.

As for the Ping, i really like the actual system, maybe you could add 2 or 3 sec more between pings but that's all for me :p

Level 3
I'm back ! New version :

- new class : spy
- new events : Panic ! and Paint ball party !
- new day event : During the night, the visibility is down
- add a item system
- the ping is now each 5 sec
- better balancing of classes
- during the event Alone against all, when someone becomes the guard, he is invulerable for 2 sec.
v1.04 updated !

Level 20
Ah well,was just asking ^^
Anyway,i hope for new updates,since i like this map quite.

EDIT: Found a bug,when you use mirror image near southern buildings,you can get stuck by appearing in middle of buildings.

PS: You dont map anymore? Aww,too bad...

Last edited:
Level 3
too often paint ball event..that make this game to easy..and make me bored too..
can u reduce it??
or maybe add some event choice..??( so ppl can off this event if they want )?

ohh..
some discontinued map..:vw_unimpressed:

edit : can every map maker complete their maps/projects ( without any bugs ) before they stop it..??