• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[General] Multiple units movement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi guys !

I've a long time anonymous reader (not even logged in !) of the Hive Workshop and i'm here looking for some help regarding a feature i'd like to implement.

So here is the story : some of my friends got into warcraft 3 again et especially custom maps. We liked a lot the idea of Humans vs Zombies from DatnessX. The problem was that the map has quite some issues regarding balance.

So i endend up modifying it. Little thing at start, then more and more... finally i ended up starting from scratch and making my own map.

Human vs Zombie reworked 1.04 (Here is a download link).

So be aware of :
  1. This is my first map
  2. I read lots of tutorials, though i may have missed some of them
  3. I do not fully understand the idea of "leak" (and how to avoid it)
  4. I haven't tried Jass and don't know a single thing about it

For testing purposes, Player 1 (Red) and player 12 (Brown) start the game with a huge amount of gold and wood.
You can find them (and disable them) in the folder "Initialization", in the trigger "Player Limitation".

And here comes the question that has been bothering me for ages :

I want the Undead player to have the possibility to send all his units to attack-move toward a point in a single clic (therefore making controling a big wave of zombies easier).

Here is what i already tried (and failed like a boss) :
  • Make every undead units attacking a random human unit (worked perfectly, but not what i wanted)
  • Send all undead units towards ONE human unit at random (was unable to make them attack, juste moving like dummies)
  • Use the rally point from the main building and make them attack-move there when the Undead player cast a generic spell (didn't work)
  • Cast a zone spell (Devour Magic) and make all Undead units attack-move there (for some reason, it works only 1 time)

From there i take any suggestions regarding how i should start to make this feature (or any point that should be improved on this map).

Thanks to anyone who will help me improving this map !

Hm, you just want units by a player attack to a point?

• Events
    • Player - UndeadPlayer types a chat message containing -attack as exact match
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Set Point = (Center of (YourRegion))
    • Set UnitGroup = (Units owned by UndeadPlayer)
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in UnitGroup and do (Actions)
      • Schleifen - Actions
        • Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Attack/Move to Point
    • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Point)
    • Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_UnitGroup)
Point is a point variable.
UnitGroup is an unitgroup variable.

Things that leak

Level 1
Hey ! Thanks for the answer.

I'll try this out and come back to say how it went for me (probably tomorrow though, i'll toy with other things).

I've already read the "Things that Leak", was a really helpfull thing. I think i'll read it again later on, maybe with the experience i'll understand new things.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.