• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Multiple Targets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Ok, cant delete post, so multiple QUESTIONS will come here

well, i've asked this once before (2 years ago), but didnt find the thread.
How do we make one unit attack multiple units (like 5 arrows shooting at once, on 5 different units)

This is supposed to be an ability too btw... -_-

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
is it possible to make Cleaving Attack a spell that is activated by clicking on it?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
possible to make an Ability (which gives Agi, Int, Str) to be an aura?

Used to know these things, but been two years since i did anything in World Editor (quited WoW)

Last edited:
Level 3
I'm not the best ability maker, so I can't help you there, but I'll try my best to answer your question in other ways. There is an option in the object editor that allows you to attack multiple targets I believe it is called 'maximum targets at once' or something of that, I never tried for melee units but I think it works for ranged. You can edit that value and add 5, for example, and have an archer fire 5 arrows with one attack animation and hit 5 targets. I hope this has helped.

Level 11
Well for your first question, there is a field called

Combat - Attack 1 - Maximum Number of Targets -

If this value is set higher then the unit will attack multiple units at once, this is what is done in Gem TD for example. Now to make it an ability, you could make 2 attacks (attack 1 has only 1 target, attack 2 has multiple targets) and when that ability is cast/learned/upgraded you add the orb ability (the ability should disable attack 1 and enable attack 2) and then your unit will attack multiple targets. When you want it to stop, remove the orb ability.

For your 2nd question, Orb of Annihilation adds AOE damage to your attacks when auto-cast, maybe that is what you're searching for.

Level 34
For the multi hit skill simply use Barrage.

For cleave, you could use breath of fire maybe without an animation.

For the aura you could use a dummy aura then make a trigger to give the stats to surrounding units, not sure but ask in the trigger section.

Status
Not open for further replies.