• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Multiple owners of a single resource.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpasMaster

Hosted Project: SC
Level 23
Hello, I'd like to hear what you guys think about this idea of mine. Ralle will say if it is possible to do.

Basically I am about to release a project with a friend of mine, but we had this conversation about who should upload the map. It's a hard decision to make since we invest equal amount of time and effort in it.

Quite often people that don't have the respective resource in their profile don't get noticed as much.

My idea is, can a single resource (maps in our case) appear in the user profile of multiple users specified by the uploader.

Level 35
Yep a good idea :smile: Working together on a model is something that happens, and same with a lot of other resources.

As for the rep part I see no point - if anything it should be split so one can give rep for the part on did of the model. Hence it is typed who made what, and then one can always give the rep they want to those they believe deserve it.

Level 10
Yeah. That's an useful suggestion, I believe many people will benefit from it. And about the rep - well, rep sharing is not really needed. You can always add rep manually to the user you want, because they will be added to the credits anyway.

Level 35
Or just one button that adds reputation to all authors equally and with the same message. I would just not worry about that detail yet, though.

Or to make it more advanced we could have a percentage of work, and give rep based on that when someone gives. Nah, likely way to complex.

But sounds good that it is likely coming.

Level 35
This is definitely useful for pair/team projects...

For the rep, maybe you can have a single rep button but when clicked, it will show the list of the authors and you select who to give rep to?

Even spread or something sorted makes more sense if one includes the option for rep in the multiple author option. However if it just features individuals as listed, then it runs on the same system as the current one - and as such save some trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.