• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Multiple maps with one package

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
You've done this with tons of other aspects on the site. You can upload campaigns, (which are basically mappacks) and icon packs. Now, I want mappacks.

I want to be able to upload 4 maps ect. This can be done when, in the upload form, it can contain up till a certain amount of maps at once.

Reasons?
I am getting tired of downloading 100 maps which supposidetly had to function as a multiplayer compaign.
I am tired of seeing 50 maps by the same auther that looks close to the same. (DoBRP ect. Great map, just too many uploads!)
When I have to upload multiple maps, I want to be able to do it in one zip file.

It's getting rather annoying having to do all this stuff. All the free hosts out there (I tried some due to the lacking feuture here) always either one of these problems:

No FTP
No downloads
Small amount of space/bandiwdth.
Downright spyware. (I had over 150 instanced before by visiting 35mb.com. Stay FAR away from it!)

It could be a great feuture here! Now, with pop-ups constantly infesting my computer, I must tend to my ad-aware!

Please, it would be so great! :)

Level 2
I couldn't have said it better myself. :(

Well, I have been member of this site since some of the very first time. I think I joined in the start of the devalopement of RotD. RotD site had tons of visitors, but this was largely empty. It had something like 50 maps or something!

But Darky was here! And that made all the diffirance. I don't know how he does, but somehow he managed to lay total peace upon the entire community. When he is here, everyone unites themselves. He is gone, like now, and many are just flaming. I have also chatted with him a bit, and he seems like a really nice guy. This is sad.

Well, like I have done for a long time, I really wished he were here and the community was smaller. That time, way back, everyone were just happy and the whole place seemed like a monument. Now it seems rather more of a ruin.

I, for a long time, have wanted to have him back. Now I want it even more! I was so happy to see his easter thread. Where is he, anyway? Does anybody know?

Level 2
I could, in fact, Vexorian. Thanks for that one! Good idea. I'll do that when I'm done.

By the way Jacek, why not make both? I see no reason to that.

The maps each have over 200 very complicated triggers, 256x256 terrain (and there is 4) and over 450 custom units! It takes a little while to export that from a campaign, don't you agree? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.