• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Crash] Multiple maps in the campaign keep crashing at random times

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 26
Hey, so for the past two months I've been experiencing a random crash in the campaign I'm working on. It happens in three different maps, but it never seems to happen at the same time, sometimes it happens 10 minutes into the map, sometimes I can play the map for 45 minutes until I reach the end and it won't crash. I've attached three error logs from multiple times it happened, hopefully they might be of some help.

The common thing with the maps where it crashes is they're maps with AI (the AIs are made in the AI Editor, I'm not sure if it is the AI crashing the map, but there are AI vs AI battles going on in those maps) and there are some of the same heroes and units in these maps.

I think it's most likely related to a certain ability, because it happens in multiple maps which have these heroes and units in common. All abilities in my maps are just reskins of the default abilities, different buffs, effects, numbers, it's possible I did something wrong with a certain ability, but I just cannot figure out what at all. I also don't think it's trigger related, I've got some simple triggers only for three abilities, and I assume if these triggers were the issue, it would always crash when that ability is used. Sometimes it would crash even if I never used these abilities and in some maps these abilities are not even usable so I don't think they're the issue.

I've also considered memory leaks. There are some in my maps, in one map I did test it by removing those, but it still crashed. I don't think there are too many because when I played the maps for a longer time, it did not slow down, but I don't know too much about memory leaks, so I cannot say for certain.

I know this is all not specific enough at all, but since I have no idea what is causing the crash, I cannot recreate it and tell you anything more about it. If anyone has any idea what it could be, I would really appreciate it. Hopefully the crash logs can tell anything, otherwise I'll try my best to provide more info.

Attachments

• Crash.txt
    26.9 KB · Views: 50
  • Crash2.txt
    26.4 KB · Views: 37
  • Crash3.txt
    27.6 KB · Views: 66

Jampion

Code Reviewer
Level 15
Unfortunately the crasg logs don't help me. You can always check the list of warcraft crashes: [Crash] - List of WarCraft III Crashes
and think about which one could be the cause.
Providing the map, triggers or ai script would be helpful.

I doubt it's because of memory leaks. Usually you would notice it a lot before the map crashes. You would probably need tons of leak to get a crash.

Level 26
I've attached the AI scripts from one of the maps. As for the triggers, I don't know which I would provide since none really seem suspicious to me, but I can PM you the campaign if you're interested in checking out the triggers and abilities.

Attachments

• AI Scripts.rar
    225.7 KB · Views: 50

Jampion

Code Reviewer
Level 15
Yes, PM me the campaign, maybe I can find something.
Finding bugs that only occur sometimes is really hard, so I can't promise finding something.
Do you have older versions of the map/campaign that don't have the problem, but are only slightly different? If so, they could help finding the cause by going through the changes between the map versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.