• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Multiplayers disconnect from my map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi,

First post here, if I do something wrong please tell me. (I did ofc read the rules)

As I'm one of a trio of game-masters for Live action Role-play in my town, I’ve made a map about the area and our game. Now my problem is that when I try to play this with other players, the other players disconnect, either just after choosing race, or class, or right away. Since I have a lot of triggers, which I've went through 5 times in an attempt to find my bug, I now search help here.

The map is made mainly in my native languages, Danish, so if you don't understand it, no worries. The triggers are all the same, English. The Map is rather huge, almost 4 Mb.

If my English is bad, I'm sorry.

The map is here:
http://www.ddspeterwessel.nordjyskeklubber.dk/upload/images/17745_ToL_Banen.zip

I really hope someone can help me. The following is just exstra info.

Some more info:
It's a Role-playing map, with no real goal. You cannot win this map in any way.
The Mages return runes, which you find around the map, by having them in the lower right slot of their inventory while going close to the archmage in town (Raven Mercer)
If you attack the NPC's expect them to kick your sorry behinds.
if you want a new char, type -repick
Slyngler (Thieves) go down the road from the starting point and meet a guy called Nesbocaj. He'll first ask you to kill deers, then steal a barrel of corn (Yes, he's nuts) , then kill a cityguard and retrieve a necklace, kill citizens and retrieve a box (don't get fooled by the fake once). then at last, go kill people
If you kill the speciel building you see at the begining a dragon will spawn and that'll be the end of the world.
Everybody is neutral to eachother. Though either "Orker og sortelvere" or "Lothviks befolkning" will tend to attack you. if you mess to much with them they'll hate you forever.

Level 13
you might have too many doodads on your map. this can sometimes cause a server split in your game. this can come from constantly spawning new doodads in gameplay without removing older ones. Also having too many items or neutral passive buildings will have the same effect. (its happend to a few of my maps) just make sure that your not passing any limits during gameplay. another problem that can occur is if a non-hero unit picks up a tome of any sort..the game freaks out..i dont think this is your problem however. so i suggest you check your doodads and neutral passive limits. hope this helps.

Level 1
hehe... thank you... after not getting help for a long time in here, i went to http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/ and got hellp there (after like 15 min :shock: ) I used "Camera - Pan as nessecary" alot. Apperantly it's bugged, and cause the serversplit. I got it fixed now. Else thanks.

The reason i did not write it in here was because the post was starting to look dead :lol:.

btw. the new map is not uploaded yet (and it'll still be in danish, becaus it's not supposed to get publiced to other then the people from LARP...)

Thank you anyhow :wink:

Level 1
nope, it's models. although i have a greater amount of sounds used for quests.

And it doesn't matter, it's 4 megs. Only a handful of people are going to play it. Besides all the models are needed. I need the Female fighter, because our leader of the city guard is female. I need the kiltman because the king of the city is wearing one and is known for that. I need the dragon for the only special event.

Status
Not open for further replies.