• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Trigger] multiboard wont work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Okay this has really been pissing me off. I've been trying to get this multiboard to work over and over again and I don't know why it wont work. I've made all of my multiboards like this and for some reason it just doesn't want to work. On battle.net Player 1 (Red) CAN see it. All of the other players cannot and I have no idea why that is, so maybe someone could tell me? Here's the two triggers that deal with the multiboard. The only other triggers that have a multiboard function in them update the multiboard so I know they are not the problem.

• multiboard
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 0.01 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Multiboard - Create a multiboard with 2 columns and 16 rows, titled Nether Ball
      • Set multiboard = (Last created multiboard)
      • Multiboard - Show multiboard
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for multiboard item in column 0, row 0 to Show text and Hide icons
      • Multiboard - Set the text for multiboard item in column 1, row 1 to |cffffcc00[Team]|r
      • Multiboard - Set the text for multiboard item in column 2, row 1 to |cffffcc00[Team Sco...
      • Multiboard - Set the text for multiboard item in column 1, row 2 to |cff97ffffTeam1|r
      • Multiboard - Set the text for multiboard item in column 2, row 2 to (String(team_score[1]))
      • Multiboard - Set the text for multiboard item in column 1, row 3 to |cffffbb46Team2|r
      • Multiboard - Set the text for multiboard item in column 2, row 3 to (String(team_score[2]))
      • Multiboard - Set the text for multiboard item in column 1, row 4 to |cffffcc00[Player]|...
      • Multiboard - Set the text for multiboard item in column 2, row 4 to |cffffcc00[Player S...
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 16, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Multiboard - Set the width for multiboard item in column 1, row (Integer A) to 8.00% of the total screen width
          • Multiboard - Set the width for multiboard item in column 2, row (Integer A) to 8.00% of the total screen width
          • Set player_row = (player_row + 1)
          • Set player_color = (player_color + 1)
          • Multiboard - Set the text for multiboard item in column 1, row player_row to (cc_player[player_color] + ((Name of (Player(player_color))) + end_tag))
          • Multiboard - Set the text for multiboard item in column 2, row player_row to (String(points_scored[(Player number of (Player(player_color)))]))
  • multiboard initialization
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set cc_player[0] = |cffffcc00
      • Set cc_player[1] = |c00ff0303
      • Set cc_player[2] = |c000042ff
      • Set cc_player[3] = |c001ce6b9
      • Set cc_player[4] = |c00540081
      • Set cc_player[5] = |c00fffc01
      • Set cc_player[6] = |c00feba0e
      • Set cc_player[7] = |c0020c000
      • Set cc_player[8] = |c00e55bb0
      • Set cc_player[9] = |CFF959697
      • Set cc_player[10] = |CFF7EBFF1
      • Set cc_player[11] = |CFF106246
      • Set cc_player[12] = |CFF4E2A04
      • Set end_tag = |r

If you want to see the map it's in my signature as Nether Ball. Feel free to open it to have a look.

Level 13
1. Instead of setting the width of every item itself just set once: set width of colum 0 row 0. That effects EVERY colum and EVERY row.

2. Why do you use the player_row and player_color and not Integer A?

3. Please post the refresh trigger as well because I don't see a big problem in this one.

Level 10
no, its not the refresh trigger, and testing it in world editor will do nothing because it shows for me on battle.net just not everyone else. and player row is used because it is a value starting at 4 which is needed, player color starts at 1. theyre separate things.

here's the refresh triggers if you really want to see them:

• score team 1
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Team 2 Base <gen>
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) has NetherBall) Equal to True
      • ((Owner of (Triggering unit)) is an enemy of Player 7 (Green)) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Set TempGroup = (Units in (Playable map area) matching ((((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True) and ((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to Nether Baller)))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in TempGroup and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set TempPoint = (Position of (Picked unit))
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect at TempPoint using Objects\Spawnmodels\Undead\UndeadDissipate\UndeadDissipate.mdl
          • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint)
          • Unit - Kill (Picked unit)
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_TempGroup)
      • Set TempPoint = (Center of Nether Ball Spawn <gen>)
      • Item - Move NetherBall to TempPoint
      • Set team_score[1] = (team_score[1] + 1)
      • Set single_score[(Player number of (Owner of (Entering unit)))] = (single_score[(Player number of (Owner of (Entering unit)))] + 1)
      • Multiboard - Set the text for multiboard item in column 2, row 2 to (String(team_score[1]))
      • Multiboard - Set the text for multiboard item in column 2, row (4 + (Player number of (Owner of (Entering unit)))) to (String(single_score[(Player number of (Owner of (Entering unit)))]))
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: |cff97FFFFTeam 1|r ...
      • Wait 4.00 seconds
      • Trigger - Run initial get nether ball <gen> (checking conditions)
  • score team 2
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Team 1 Base <gen>
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) has NetherBall) Equal to True
      • ((Owner of (Triggering unit)) is an enemy of Player 1 (Red)) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Set TempGroup = (Units in (Playable map area) matching ((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to Nether Baller))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in TempGroup and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set TempPoint = (Position of (Picked unit))
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect at TempPoint using Objects\Spawnmodels\Undead\UndeadDissipate\UndeadDissipate.mdl
          • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
          • Unit - Kill (Picked unit)
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_TempGroup)
      • Set TempPoint = (Center of Nether Ball Spawn <gen>)
      • Item - Move NetherBall to TempPoint
      • Set team_score[2] = (team_score[2] + 1)
      • Set single_score[(Player number of (Owner of (Entering unit)))] = (single_score[(Player number of (Owner of (Entering unit)))] + 1)
      • Multiboard - Set the text for multiboard item in column 2, row 3 to (String(team_score[2]))
      • Multiboard - Set the text for multiboard item in column 2, row (4 + (Player number of (Owner of (Entering unit)))) to (String(single_score[(Player number of (Owner of (Entering unit)))]))
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: |cffffbb46Team 2|r ...
      • Wait 4.00 seconds
      • Trigger - Run initial get nether ball <gen> (checking conditions)

and clearing it, setting the columns, then showing it fails to work

Level 4
Since you say you've made other boards like this and they work, maybe it's something else in your map causing the problem. I'd try creating the multiboard later, just to see if it helps. Try creating it 15 or 20 seconds after initialization.

Status
Not open for further replies.