• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Trigger] multiboard wont show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
for some reason my multiboard will only show for player 1 (red) and not for anyone else and i have no idea why.

here's the trigger:

• multiboard
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 0.50 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Multiboard - Create a multiboard with 2 columns and 16 rows, titled Nether Ball
      • Set multiboard_netherball = (Last created multiboard)
      • Set red_team_score = 0
      • Set blue_team_score = 0
      • Multiboard - Set the text for multiboard_netherball item in column 1, row 1 to (cc_player[0] + ([Team] + end_tag))
      • Multiboard - Set the text for multiboard_netherball item in column 2, row 1 to (cc_player[0] + ([Team Score] + end_tag))
      • Multiboard - Set the text for multiboard_netherball item in column 1, row 2 to (|cff97FFFF + (Team 1 + end_tag))
      • Multiboard - Set the text for multiboard_netherball item in column 2, row 2 to (String(team_score[1]))
      • Multiboard - Set the text for multiboard_netherball item in column 1, row 3 to (|cffffbb46 + (Team 2 + end_tag))
      • Multiboard - Set the text for multiboard_netherball item in column 2, row 3 to (String(team_score[2]))
      • Multiboard - Set the text for multiboard_netherball item in column 1, row 4 to (cc_player[0] + ([Player] + end_tag))
      • Multiboard - Set the text for multiboard_netherball item in column 2, row 4 to (cc_player[0] + ([Individual Score] + end_tag))
      • Multiboard - Show multiboard_netherball
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 16, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Multiboard - Set the display style for multiboard_netherball item in column 1, row (Integer A) to Show text and Hide icons
          • Multiboard - Set the display style for multiboard_netherball item in column 2, row (Integer A) to Show text and Hide icons
          • Multiboard - Set the width for multiboard_netherball item in column 1, row (Integer A) to 8.00% of the total screen width
          • Multiboard - Set the width for multiboard_netherball item in column 2, row (Integer A) to 10.00% of the total screen width
          • Set player_row = (player_row + 1)
          • Set player_color = (player_color + 1)
          • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row player_row to (cc_player[player_color] + ((Name of (Player(player_color))) + end_tag))
          • Multiboard - Set the text for multiboard_netherball item in column 2, row player_row to (String(points_scored[player_color]))
      • Wait 1.00 seconds
      • Multiboard - Show all multiboards

i added a wait and then showed all multiboards because i still had the same problem even before i put that in.

can anyone help me out?

Level 10
the only other triggers that could relate to the multiboard are those that update the multiboard, but theres no way they can do anything because the multiboard isnt visible to anyone but red from the start, even before someone scores a point to update the multiboard.

Level 18
In that case, you probably need to upload your map. There are 3 options:
-It's in the update (we'll know when we see the trigger)
-It's in a place we can't see because it's somewhere you don't expect it
-Or your Warcraft III or World Editor is bugged

Just upload the map, and we'll see what we can do.

Level 9
I would say that the cause is the event - Elapsed game time. Use map initialization event, and a short wait action as the first line, before all other multiboard-referring actions. Im not sure if thats what causes the problem, but i always make boards like that and they always work :)

And btw, why you're setting the |r to a variable? Its much easier to just type those two letters instead of making a new variable for such a short string, which will never change. In addition, dont split all the map-initialization triggers into pieces, merge them together, its better to have everything in one trigger, split up with comments instead of 10 triggers activated on the same event.

Level 10
well i figured since multiboards cant be displayed on initialization that shouldnt be the problem. honestly i make all my mulitboards like this and this is the first time it isnt working properly. its odd because player 1 can see the multiboard its just that everyone else cant i dont know why. there isnt even an option to display/hide the multiboard for individual players. its very strange, does anyone have a suggestion?

thanks for the help so far though

Level 19
Tip: Those who have disabled user control cannot see a multiboard if it they get enabled visibilty at that time

Status
Not open for further replies.