• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Multiboard... some help? =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
i've been lurking the forums to try and find something that can help me, but im not that fast when looking at something thats not anything near what im looking for.
Code:
Players   -    Unit Kills   -    Hero Kills   -    Arena Victories
-=Team 1=-      -                   -                      -
player 1           
player 2
player 3
-=Team 2=-      -                   -                      -
player 4
player 5
player 6
-=Team 3=-      -                   -                      -
player 7
player 8
player 9
-=Team 4=-      -                   -                      -
player 10
player 11
player 12

Edit: Well, the only problem is the with, any way it can be done easily?

Edit 2: Well... just as always, i managed to create one, and do the update trigger aswell. -_- yhanks anyway though....

Last edited:
Level 6
Yes multiboards are quite smple to create.

I answered a question about multiboards here just today, so copy paste ftw! :)

---

Word Editor --> Trigger Editor --> Multiboard *Here are the actions*

You should remember that multiboards can't be created at map initialization, have it created after a few seconds or so.

To show you how a simple multiboard is created, i'll paste a trigger here soon:

• Create Multiboard -Example-
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 5.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Multiboard - Create a multiboard with 3 columns and 14 rows, titled The Multiboard
      • Set TheMultiboard = (Last created multiboard)
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for TheMultiboard item in column 0, row 0 to Show text and Hide icons
      • Multiboard - Set the width for TheMultiboard item in column 0, row 0 to 4.00% of the total screen width
      • Multiboard - Set the width for TheMultiboard item in column 1, row 0 to 10.00% of the total screen width
      • Multiboard - Set the text for TheMultiboard item in column 1, row 1 to Player
      • Multiboard - Set the text for TheMultiboard item in column 2, row 0 to 0
      • Multiboard - Set the text for TheMultiboard item in column 2, row 1 to Kills
      • Multiboard - Set the text for TheMultiboard item in column 3, row 0 to 0
      • Multiboard - Set the text for TheMultiboard item in column 3, row 1 to Deaths
      • Multiboard - Set the text for TheMultiboard item in column 0, row 2 to <Empty String>
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 12, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • ((Player((Integer A))) slot status) Equal to Is playing
            • Then - Actions
              • Multiboard - Set the text for TheMultiboard item in column 1, row (2 + (Integer A)) to (Name of (Player((Integer A))))
            • Else - Actions
              • Multiboard - Set the text for TheMultiboard item in column 1, row (2 + (Integer A)) to -Not Playing-
      • Wait 1.00 seconds
      • Multiboard - Show TheMultiboard
      • Multiboard - Minimize TheMultiboard
Note: Using 0 as a row/column value affects all rows/columns

Hope it helped, you can take it from here i guess.

---

That multiboard will look like this:
View attachment The Multiboard.bmp

You have to adapt the actions to make it look like your leaderboard, specially the fact that you have to put in the teams in it. Maybe you can simply have 4 loops, one for each team, to add in the playernames. A tip is to use loops as much as you can, to save space (in the trigger) and time.

Don't forget that you have to 'take care' of the multiboard, that is refreshing it. Every time a player gets a kill or something like that, you have to use the 'Multiboard - Set the text...' action and change the text to the new value.

Status
Not open for further replies.