• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Multiboard - Show Hero Icon & Level

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi guys,

With the help of all the information I can find on this workshop, and the assistance I've gotten from the community regarding my questions, my map is finally shaping up.

I have made this Multiboard:
upload_2020-2-20_14-11-36.png

I'm pretty proud of it, as I'm a week into mapmaking.

However, there's something I need your expertise with. I would like for the Multiboard, to show Hero Icon and Hero Level. And not just a static one, but a reactionary one. So the icon of a chosen hero, and the current level of that chosen hero.

For clarity, I've also made a picture, describing my request:
upload_2020-2-20_14-16-18.png

There are 4 different heroes available for each player, which totals 8 completely unique heroes in total.

Now, if this is indeed possible, you shouldn't have to worry about rows, columns, I'll figure that out. I'm much more interested in the technical approach to making it possible.

Thanks so much in advance!

Edit:
I have figured out how to change the hero levels dynamically. This community makes me improve myself.

Now I just need to know the
icon part - if that's even an option. Thanks guys!

Attachments

• upload_2020-2-20_14-13-48.png
    upload_2020-2-20_14-13-48.png
    473.4 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Level 2
upload_2020-2-20_16-49-38.png

This is the closest I can personally get to it. This one won't work, because it's choosing a specific unit that's on the field, which won't be the case when the map is actually played.

But I would just make condition for each hero and their respective icon.

Is there a way to make it "(Sold unit) Equal to (Specific Unit from(Altar of Storms)"?

Maybe something else, similar or entirely different. I'm open to suggestions :)

Note:
The hero is sold, initially. That's not a mistake. He's not trained - this is the function used on all other triggers, and it works perfectly.

Level 2
Unit - A unit Sells a unit

(Owner of (Sold unit)) Equal to Player 1 (Red)

Multiboard - Set the icon for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 5 to (Sold Unit).

Make this be an option! Raaaaaaargh, help!

Level 28
This should work :
  • Multiboard Hero Icon
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Sells a unit
    • Conditions
      • (Owner of (Sold unit)) Equal to Player 1 (Red)
    • Actions
      • -------- Paladin --------
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Unit-type of (Sold unit)) Equal to Paladin
        • Then - Actions
          • Multiboard - Set the icon for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 5 to ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNHeroPaladin.blp
        • Else - Actions
      • -------- Archmage --------
        • If - Conditions
          • (Unit-type of (Sold unit)) Equal to Archmage
        • Then - Actions
          • Multiboard - Set the icon for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 5 to ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNHeroArchMage.blp
        • Else - Actions
      • -------- Mountain King --------
        • If - Conditions
          • (Unit-type of (Sold unit)) Equal to Mountain King
        • Then - Actions
          • Multiboard - Set the icon for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 5 to ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNHeroMountainKing.blp
        • Else - Actions
As for the Hero Level :
  • Multiboard Hero Level
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Sells a unit
    • Conditions
      • (Owner of (Sold unit)) Equal to Player 1 (Red)
    • Actions
      • Set Player_Hero = (Sold unit)
      • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 3 to (String((Hero level of Player_Hero)))
You can then use another trigger to update the multiboard when the hero gain a level.

Level 2
Do you guys know how stupid I feel? The whole time, I was trying to make it a single condition to define the icon in the action. Of course it should just be split up like that. Thanks for proving I have so much left to learn. Both of you, thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.