• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Multiboard Per Player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi, is there a way to create a multiboard for each player ? Because i'm trying to make a RPG map that has custom stats. I want each player has their multiboard display their heroes stats but I don't know how to do it....... I'm new with world editor.....

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
You use GetLocalPlayer, which evaluates to the player corresponding to the client (so is not synchronous in multiplayer), to either modify or show a multiboard for a single player.

JASS:
if GetLocalPlayer() == Player(0) then
    // Actions only for player 0 (red) client, these will not be run on other clients so can cause OOS.
else
    // Actions for every other client except player 0 (red).
endif

Level 11
You use GetLocalPlayer, which evaluates to the player corresponding to the client (so is not synchronous in multiplayer), to either modify or show a multiboard for a single player.

JASS:
if GetLocalPlayer() == Player(0) then
    // Actions only for player 0 (red) client, these will not be run on other clients so can cause OOS.
else
    // Actions for every other client except player 0 (red).
endif

I doubt he will understand JASS since he's new to WE..

You need an indexed Multiboard variable with an array size of the number of players. Let's say you have 6 players in map, you'll need to create 6 multiboards and show each one to the player you want.

If you still don't know how triggers work, then I recommend you study the editor first, open some map made by other players and see what how it's triggers work.

Status
Not open for further replies.