• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Multiboard help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
hi guys i want to make a multiboard that is like in the attachment
i know how to make a multiboard my problem is how can i set the name of the players, how can i make their level appear

For the items
I want to make it like there is a item that you equip and for example i have 1 slot in my inventory i want the name of the item to be posted in the multiboard how can i do that? thanks :grin:

Attachments

• help.png
    help.png
    1.3 KB · Views: 113

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Each player will need their own multi-board unless you are willing to mess around with localized board values (might cause a de-synchronization?).

You can use GetLocalPlayer to hide and show boards locally as board visibility does not affect synchronized game state.
Player name string can be returned from a player. Use it to fill the name cell for the appropriate player's board.
Level and item header cells get set to a string constant.
Each item is then filled in by your item system. I would create some kind of interface that the item system uses to avoid unnecessary coupling of the boards into the item system. These calls should be made whenever equipment state changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.