• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Multiboard help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 28
my problem is where to put in rows? its a integer not player.
Players can be converted to integers.
In GUI: Red is 1 (because it's usually written like "Player 1, Red"), Blue is 2, Teal is 3 and so on.
If you go to Scenario -> Player Properties, you can see the player number and their according color.

The function is "Player - Player Number".

Multiboards are usually in function of a player. Here's an example:
  • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
      • Multiboard - Set the text for Multiboard item in column 1, row (Player number of (Picked player)) to (Name of (Picked player))
This little function will set all the players' names in the multiboard at the correct location.

Level 5
No, i meant to say that When i do this
[trigger=Trigger]Trigger
Events
Unit - a unit dies
Conditions
(Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) equal to Human
Actions
Player Group - pick every player in (player group(playerhumans) and do Actions
Loop - Actions
Multiboard - set text for (last created multiboard) item in column 2, row (player number of (pick player) to |cffff0000Undead[/trigger]

And i see this :

Instead of number of player it put on ROW 1

Level 28
Are you writing those triggers yourself? Because you can copy/paste a trigger by right-clicking the trigger name above "Events" and selecting "Copy as Text".

Instead of number of player it put on ROW 1
"All Players" picks all players that are actually playing.
Only Player 1 is playing, and Player 1 ==> Row 1.
You need to do "Number of (picked player) + 1" (I think, it depends on what you need).

Your multiboard is kind-of confusing. Should it still say "Alive", or should it say "Undead"?
And those "<unused>" are good, right?

Level 28
What does this mean ? "Number of (picked player) + 1" it only make me set to undead when we died
Oh I see. Then you just don't do it for all players.

When a unit dies, set the text in the multiboard at column 2, row '(Number of (Triggering Player) + 1' to "Undead".
That "All Players"-thing of mine was an example so you'd understand how it works.

Level 5
YES! thanks ap0calypse !!!
potatoesl.jpg
thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.