• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

multiboard help :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
hey again :lol:

I got a multiboard with 9 players 3-12 there are 4 rows :p 1 - names of peeps 2 - Alive/Quit 3 - Kills and last one is Lives.

Lives are set to = 5
so if an player dies i does -1 to lives to dying player.

my problem is that if lives equal to 0 for that player then to that player defeated.

i have only done this for leaderboard thats easy :p but with multiboard its harder and i dont know that much about it :wink:
I got bigger problems then this with other triggers atm so thats why i ask help from you all :)

Level 7
Darklord- said:
hey again :lol:

I got a multiboard with 9 players 3-12 there are 4 rows :p 1 - names of peeps 2 - Alive/Quit 3 - Kills and last one is Lives.

Lives are set to = 5
so if an player dies i does -1 to lives to dying player.

my problem is that if lives equal to 0 for that player then to that player defeated.

i have only done this for leaderboard thats easy :p but with multiboard its harder and i dont know that much about it :wink:
I got bigger problems then this with other triggers atm so thats why i ask help from you all :)

uhm, if you did it with a leaderboard its the exact same only you choose a column now

Level 3
i dont wana sound like an idiot but can u give me an example :p with leader board i used for each player life1,life2,life3 etc.. but with multiboard i got for all players "lives" :p

Level 7
Darklord- said:
i dont wana sound like an idiot but can u give me an example :p with leader board i used for each player life1,life2,life3 etc.. but with multiboard i got for all players "lives" :p

i'm a bit lazy right now and i don't feel like writing out an entire example, but i'm assuming now you're using an array, so where you had life1 before, you replace it with lives[1] and life2, lives[2], etc... it should all work out the same

Level 7
another way? i don't know what you're talkinga bout now
and it will work, as long as you know what you're doing, which i can't give specifics on because i have no idea what your trigger looks like

and JASS doesn't do much for you that gui can do unless you really know what you're doing

Level 3
not sure if i can help or not but ill give it a go:
create 1 integer array called 'lives'. create another integer called 'i'
when a player hero (assuming ur using hero stuff) dies, set 'i' to player number of owner of dieing hero. in the same trigger, set 'lives' to -1 (ie. lives is used for all players and i can be used as the player number)
then create a if/then which detects if 'lives equal to 0 end game with failure for player i, etc.

this trigger also needs to run a refresh trigger for the multi board. all this needs in it is a few of the same triggers in the multiboard creation trigger which says that column# row# is lives. it dosent need an event because it is 'run'

hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.