• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Multi-instanceable GUI flying thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi all. . . I recently made this little spell thing that made this footman fly backwards as if someone hit him really hard. I used death anims at 40% and blah blah to create the effect. Now i thought of expanding this spell, kind of like a hero does the warstomp ability and everyone around him just flies away. The problem is i don't know jack about jass and i need some kinda solution to make the flying thing multi instanceable. . . And another thing, how do i make it such that the units with the stunned buff would fly back? I can't find a suitable event to meet the needs of this spell. . . All help is appreciated. . .

Level 40
Set joe = Units within (AOE) matching Matching Unit has buff Stunned ( Pause ) Equal to True
//instead of checking for Stunned ( Pause ), you can just reproduce the conditions of the Targets Allowed for your ability.

(joe is a unit group, change the name to w/e you want)

in your second trigger, the "movement" trigger, just

Pick Every Unit in joe and do multiple actions
//move each Picked Unit here, however you would move the unit otherwhise, when you only had one.

and at the VERY end, once everyone has landed...

Custom Script: call DestroyGroup( udg_joe )
//make sure you replace joe with your group name.

this is how i would do it in GUI, but, of course, i would use JASS if i had the option :D

EDIT: i should mention that this isnt MUI, but it will still work by every unit in any one stomp.

Level 3
Thanks purplepoot. . . Cos i was making this one map, kinda like the hero smacks this bunch of people with his sword and he has this great cleave ability and also this other passive ability that gives him a 50% chance to toss enemies who are "great cleaved" to fly away

Level 3
Thanks alot purple but eh. . . I found a way to kinda like make a multi instanceable knockback trigger. Something to do with picking everyone within range of the person doing the warstomp and those who have the stunned buff and then making them move instantly offset blah blah blah blah. . . Should work. . . I hope. . . But thanks for your help anyway

Level 3
Oh darn. . . That's bad. . . Cos my map is gonna be such that there'll be a crap load of people fighting each other and the heroes would send non-heroes flying away with every few hits. Btw, do array variables help to make it multi insttanceable?

Level 3
Uh. . . Ok .. Thanks alot. . . But could you include some kinda like, explanation or description about the script's code? I dont know jack about custom script and it'd be better if i understand what i'm doing. I hate relying on others to do my crap :oops: . Heh. . . Oh yea, and can you show me where to place it in my trigger? THanks alot

Level 27
PurplePoot said:
for a single-trigger abil, theyll help a tiny bit, but not very well
Pshaw....
I make plenty of GUI MUI spells...
If each player only has one unit, it's much easier though... and it does have limits.
You just set their custom values and use index.
Of course with too much it gets laggy, but a lot of that can be fixed with leak fixin's, which I guess in turn is JASS...
Bleh.
--donut3.5--

Level 27
Yeah... typically though, by assigning custom value to units, you can get a good up to 50-100 multicasts going on...
Only problem is that you can't then use the custom value for anything else...
Maybe I should begin to learn abot the wonderful world of JASS...
Bleh, I've tried already but couldn't follow it at all...
Need a mentor or something...
--donut3.5--

Level 3
Ah crap. . . I tried making a multi instanceable version and all that my warstomp did was stun them. . . And the second time i clicked the war stomp, it sent my target units flying to the four corners of the map. . . And the worst thing is. . . They flew up but didnt come down. . . :(

EDIT: uh. .. My animations are also bugged. . . I made the animations reset after the ability finished but it remained as the death animation. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.