• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

MUI wait?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Um no, your obviously talking total mince.

The timers do not interfear with globals and other long term storage methods of MUI. Equally well the TriggerSleepAction mid function pause did not interfear with locals and such.

I have absolutly no clue how you can blame the lack of MUI in spells on it. The fault lies on the maker for not coding them correcty.

Level 9
It is always MUI even in wc3. It screws up because in wc3, (i assume) you are using global variables.

If you script it the same way you did in galaxy editor using global instead of local, you will get the same thing as what you did on wc3.

Level 19
the main problem with spells and waits is that waits are inaccurate
with locals (or probably even shadowed globals?) it MIGHT be possible to make spells on a totally different way
and IF this is possible the performance might be worse but I didn't make any tests regarding this yet

PS: is it only me or does it always take 2 minutes to load a map?

Level 8
If waits were MUI in wc3, we would never be using timers in spells for pauses. Even if the wait is inaccurate, making a trigger like this:

Code:
scope random initializer Init

private function actions takes nothing returns nothing
        call TriggerSleepAction(5.00)
    endfunction

private function Init takes nothing returns nothing
        //insert events here
    endfunction

endscope

A spell using that action would not be able to be casted by another unit for the next 5 seconds without screwing up (the wait would not be called in the spell used while the first wait is being executed). Does that rule still apply in sc2? (there is a reason spells aren't submitted in wc3 with waits in them. They stop the spell from being MUI or MPI)

You really don't get DSG's point, do you?

Timers are no more "MUI" than TSA, the only advantages are that they're more accurate and can be used outside of trigger actions. The reason a spell stops being MUI when you use a wait and global variables is that if another instance of the spell runs it will change the globals. The following trigger actions would be perfectly fine for an MUI spell:
JASS:
function Actions takes nothing returns nothing
    local unit u = CreateUnit(Player(0), 'hpea', 0., 0., 0.)
    call TriggerSleepActions(10.)
    call RemoveUnit(u)
    set u = null
endfunction

Now do you get it?

Status
Not open for further replies.