• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Mui Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
  • Test
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set TIndex = (TIndex + 1)
      • Set TIndex2[TIndex] = TIndex
      • Set TIndex = (TIndex - 1)
Just trying to learn about mui here and i just so happened to stumble across this. Would this be considered "Mui"?

Level 9
To further explain the purpose of MUI, MUI means multiple user interface and means simply that the script can run multiple times for multiple players at the same time without snagging or using waits in the script.

Onto your sample piece of script, considering it MUI is difficult, however I guess it can be considered MUI. Knowing more about the application of this coding would help, but in essence, it would be MUI, but also pointless. It would simply increase the integer, store it, and decrease the integer, looping endlessly. If you have any other questions about MUI coding feel free to post it and I'm sure someone here can be of assistance.

Level 4
Well maker the idea was that it would work like this :
Unit 1 casts, increase Tindex by 1, and set that as the "Array number call", ( Tindex2[1] ) so it would know who uses what and then set the number for the variable 1.

Unit 2 casts, increase Tindex by 1, and do the same as last time, that way the Tindex2 would be Tindex[2] with the value of 2 this time. This way it would not overwrite the information though i may be completely wrong. Though the flaw in this is that you don't know what the "array call number", is so it basically doesn't work :/.

Edit : @ khamarr3524 well this has no spell in it so ofcourse it would just increase and decrease but the question i asked was "would this be considered mui?", thanks for your answer anyways though.

Status
Not open for further replies.