• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

MPQDraft and Windows 8 or 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
I would contact the maker of the tool. It could be as simple as "run as administrator".

WC3 does not need any compatibility mode to run. On Windows 10 the D3D8 fixed pipeline is broken and not affected by compatibility mode and that is the only incompatibility as far as I can tell.

Level 25
Okay I did that. I wrote a post at: https://sourceforge.net/p/mpqdraft/discussion/682201/thread/1a05cc71/?limit=25#1d66

The last activity of the project was in 2013. There's a similar complain here: https://sourceforge.net/p/mpqdraft/discussion/682201/thread/3ceae686/?limit=25#91c1

But since "Allow Local Files" is an option by Blizzard (I guess) I am wondering why it does not work anymore. I will also try to run as an administrator.

Do you have any quick solution to run the modification? For now my only idea was to modify "War3Patch.mpq" and add the files of my modification and replace the original "War3Patch.mpq" since this worked on Linux too where I could not use MPQDraft at all.

I wouldn't replace it, but I would add the files to War3Patch.mpq (using StormLib, SFMPQ, or your lib) and run wc3 as a child process. When wc3 closes for whatever reason, you can delete the files from war3patch.mpq and compact the archive. There might be a better way though, I haven't tested it out.

As for local files not working--I haven't heard of that issue. If I were you, I would make a simple test case: enable local files through the registry, and then have him copy some random model within a file directory that overwrites the peasant model. (e.g. Units/human/peasant/peasant.mdx, or whatever the path may be). Just do it as a sanity check to see whether the problem is the local files flag or just your map.

Status
Not open for further replies.