• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Moving Unit with Keys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, i'm trying to make a Gryphon Rider that you control with keys. the camera is always fixed on it. He turn to both sides with keys, but i can't put it moving front. for front i made this triggers:

1st trigger (forward): Events - player 1 (Red) Presses the Up Arrow Key

Conditions: Forward(variable) Equal to False

Actions: Set Forward = True

2nd trigger (Forwardmove):

Events - Every 0.01 seconds of game time

Conditions - Forward Equal to True

Actions - Here's the problem i don't know wich kind of action to use. I have anoter trigger that sets the variable forwardmove, the move speed of the gryphon. In the other cases i made an action saying to make unit face the unit's actual facing+ the variable value over 0.00 seconds. Of course for moving it must be a little different

Can anyone plz give me a clue of how to do this?

Level 5
Or move unit 50 offset of facing of (unit you want to move) then play his Walk animation. That's more complicated but it can increase the speed and can sometimes have a better effect.

I'm starting to think i'm stupid, but the best with a polar offset was instant move to the center of the map, but the trigger is exactly this:

Unit - Move Gryphon Rider 0000 <gen> instantly to ((Position of (Triggering unit)) offset by 128.00 towards (Facing of Gryphon Rider 0000 <gen>) degrees)

I think this should work, it isn't prob of the other triggers... They only say to put the variable true for making the trigger work.

i'm realy stupid, sorry for all the mess. It's finally working. Where it was triggering unit i changed to gryphon rider 0000 and it worked. Thnks a lot for the help guys!

Level 2
here we are again

HI sorry if i was to write this tutorial it would go on for years so instead please download my map it has the hole tutorial which should also be easyer for you

its listed under the rpg catagory its called Arrow Tutorial.

cya laterz

Status
Not open for further replies.