• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[General] Moving the camera renders the unit invisible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Solved

The thread name doesn't describe perfectly what my problem is, but the thing is, it's quite hard to word it.

So I have a unit that's got a quite big model (you can barely see the whole unit at once). The problem is, if I move my camera too far from its centre it just disappears, like there was no unit there at all.

I'm quite sure I have to modify some variable, because I had the same problem with another model a few years ago and I know that basing the object on another unit solved my problem.

The units we're talking about are quite important and it's essential that they're always visible (range indicator circles), so it'd be nice if I could sort this thing out.

Thanks in advance for the replies!

Last edited:
Level 9
I had once a very similar problem.
I had a map with a lot of units and doodads, all of them with a big scale. And when I moved the camera, they began to dissapear. I think that the reason for this was that the camera was moving away from the base of the model. It looks that if the base of the model goes out of the screen, the entire model dissappears, no matter how big it is.

I'm NOT SURE if I'm right, or if this is the problem you have. I don't really know if it can be fixed.
Probably other people more experienced than me can give you a more advanced advise.

The only thing I would recommend you is to give your camera a higher field of vision.
I'm sorry for not being able to give you a clear answer.:vw_sad: I hope someone else will be able to help you.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.