• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Moving normaly not instantly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
How can i make a normal unit move ? I mean from RECT01 to RECT02 for sample or other but not instantly , i need them for cinematics and other.

Level 4
There is a "Issue order targeting a point" action under triggers. Try using that, its not instant move. Just set the order to "Move-to" and the location to RECT02. You can also make an event for it such as "A unit enters RECT01" which will move the unit as soon as it enters RECT01.

Level 3
  • Melee Initialization
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 5.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order Footman 0000 <gen> to Move To (Center of Rect 001 <gen>)
but this leaks the suggested way would be asigning a global varible lets make a point varible named TEMP_Point

and use a costum script to remove it.

• Melee Initialization
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 5.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set TEMP_Point = (Center of Rect 001 <gen>)
      • Unit - Order Footman 0000 <gen> to Move To TEMP_Point
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TEMP_Point)
both way work the second is better just. ofc set event to whatever you wish...

Level 7
Thank you , it work but i want make a animation there is a big barrel full of TNT and a peon is walking with animation walk gold (Bag full of TNT) and give the TNT to normal barrels and make from normal barrels tnt barrels. So i want he is all the game walking to big barrel to normal barrel with animation walk gold.
How can i make that ?
And there is too a problem , i make a barrel when someone destroy it i make normal destructible dyes area damage but that i can make with barrels that exist , too with units is that problem. For sample in animation.
Necromancer Create on RECT001
(Animation)
Remove Necromancer
Yes but what necromancer , he is not created on the map so how can i target him. Maybe it will work with variables with that is hard all what i can with variables is a dialog from a tutorial. To this time i make a place with units and when i need a necromancer i make move instantly and when i dont need him i can target him and make remove.
So how can i make when any barrel dyes make damage area by the exploded barrel radius 500 dmg 100 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.