• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Moving Destructables

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
It might seem a bit weird, but I desperately need trees (and destructible)
to move around the map I create.
I tried to find a solution in tho object editor, in the GUI, even learned a bit Jass...
But I just don't see how to do it.
I can't believe it's impossible, I must be missing something.
I'd appreciate it very much if you could lend me a hand here, I've spent loads of time on searching a solution to this.
Thanks in advance.

Level 13
so, you mean there should be a visible movement of your trees? maybe replace the destructable with a Unit that look like a tree, then move to another point and there you replace the unit with a real tree. this kind of limits the amount of trees being able to move at one time, but if the movement should be visible i think you have to do it with units

Level 7
Nope, that won't do.
It's an absolute MUST that they remain destructible.
I need peons to be able to harvest them, and the point of "moving" is not from one point to another but to be able to "wander" around the map (like critters).
That's why I was quite sure I should do this via scripting (and originally posted it appropriately... Sorry if I was mistaken.)

Status
Not open for further replies.