• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Movement-Type Horse (or Rider)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I've just noticed something i didnt ever bother about befor.
We have this 7 movement-types:

-None
-Foot
-Horse
-Flying
-Hover
-Float
-Amph

Most of these i know very well. Hover is actualle Foot but shows the units flyinghight. Good for units that shall only look like flying but cant cross trees ect. Amph allows units to both, swim through water and walk on the land.

But what about Horse? (or Rider, i have a german version)
From my research on Google and this forum i have only read, that this type adds soundeffect of the mount.
I hope that is true so far, but than im asking where does the sound actually come from? Is it from the War3.MPQ or is it stored somewhere in the unit-model? And more important, does this movement type affect anything else, like landmines or maximum movement speed. I feel like there must be something...

*None: The unit can't move
*Foot - The unit can move on ground
*Horse - The unit can move on ground
Some said it has something to do with "Sound - Movement" but when i set the Sound - Movement of Kodo Beats to "HumanKnightMovement" it doesn't add anything. The movement sound is related to the model itself.

2zx91i.jpg

Some said that when you change a unit to horse movement, it needs to turn around before moving. I find that not true because that's related to the "Movement - Turn Rate".

So, i think it's some sort of a cancelled project by Blizzard.

*Hover - Just like Foot but there's a graphical difference and it doesn't trigger Goblin Land Mines.
*Float - The unit can only move on water
*Ambhibious - Can move on water and ground
*Fly- The unit can move anywhere (expect when it comes to pathing blockers of course)

Level 21
There are no known differences between Foot and Horse movement types.
*None: The unit can't move
Actually, a unit with this movement type has no collision; its movement cannot be obstructed by anything (i.e. ignores units, doodads, cliffs, pathing blockers, map boundaries, etc.) and it cannot obstruct the movement of other units. The unit's movement height is restricted to the ground level, which means the unit walks on the seafloor and does not float on the surface of the water.
Some said it has something to do with "Sound - Movement" but when i set the Sound - Movement of Kodo Beats to "HumanKnightMovement" it doesn't add anything. The movement sound is related to the model itself.
Fields from the Sound category don't do anything, except for 'Sound - Sound Set'.
So, i think it's some sort of a cancelled project by Blizzard.
This is likely the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.