• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

(Mounting) Need help Mounting Units

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
ok I know this has been answered before but i am still having trouble getting this to work, here is what i am looking for

Unit casts an ability (lets say ability is standard horse)
Once this happens i need the (standard horse) to appear with the caster attached to its back so now your sitting on the horse

If some one could make a really quick demo map of this or well explained triggers i would be very greatful

Level 3
Yea ive seen that, well pictures any way, im a little sceptic at wheather it actually works like it is portrayed:) but thats just me any way...

How would i go about doing this attachment trigger?

Level 6
Well, first, let's consider some things:

1. What type of map are we dealing with here? Is it RPG? A "Risk"-like map (Azeroth Wars, etc.)?

2. What is the base unit? A footman? An archer?

If we're dealing with a map where you're supposed to train horses and soldiers and then mount them to combine... let me warn you that it's been done it isn't fun having to constantly mount your troops, it's just easier to make them mounted when you train them. There's never an advantage to dismounting either, since the horse cannot attack.

Also, if we're working with units which clearly have mounted and unmounted forms (Footman and unmounted horse = Knight, Archer + Hippogryph, Orc + Kodo, Orc + Wyvern, etc.) there's no need to attach anything.

If we're working with heroes, or this is a cinemactic map, where you want things to look a little more nicer, you're going to need to try attaching the unit to the mount. If it looks bad, then I suggest you find a modeller willing to curtail the unit and its attachment point to a specific unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.